Quantcast

Longest. Winter. Ever.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Snowing again in Bend. And freezing. I'm so tired of this.....

Any other PNW monkeys want to buy some land in Arizona and build a winter compound? We'll probably do polygamy since we'll have a compound and all.

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
Just get some studded tires and quit complaining! :banana:
Ok, totally kidding, i cant stand this weather either. I ask myself everyday why i moved back here after living in So. Cal.:rant: In reality though, the riding here in the NW is definatly worth the wait.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snow on the roof in Everett today.

On clear days i can see the Olympics in total, the Cascade Range from Baker down to Rainier, i can even see Capitol Forest.

It's real nice to see the snow capped peaks, however it's going to be a short year for high mountain epics, unless we get a spike in the temps.

Turned out to be a good year to decide to build trail.

Jun 18, 2004
Maybe if I bought a UNIMOG, rolled down to S America, picking up chickas all the way and start my own cult...

maybe Hugo Chavez will cut me a deal, gas is really cheap down there you know...

maybe then I would be happy.

Jun 18, 2004
Can we shoot the polywogs out of the cannon? or would the ALF/ELF want to blow us up? or would the ATF blow up our compound?

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Don't mean to dig up an old thread here! But you whinnners should have had a ski bike for the winter :lighten: I had my best season ever on the snow:monkeydance: But now the resorts are closed and my back country stuff too wet and slow to be fun, unless we get a good freeze at night and I run it in the morning ice! that is fun

I am back and anxious to get back on dirt! But alas I to am waiting for snow to melt, or freeze hard so I can ride on it...

Duane

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
I live in Western Wa, near the foothills of Mt. Rainier, the weather the past few days here has been like 80+, however it was snowing 2 weeks ago, and there is still some snow in the hills. Me and some bros went to the river yesterday to one of our normal jump spots, and the water was at least 5 feet higher than usual and dangerously fast due to all the snowmelt.

This extended winter has been crazy, i am ready for summer.