Quantcast

Looking for a good 4x wheelset

Alex.

Chimp
Aug 17, 2008
Galway, Ireland
I would recommend the Shimano wheels.

I have been running them for a year now on my yeti DJ and have had no problems at all. They are strong, not to heavy and are very serviceable.

I'm running mine with maxxis tubeless high rollers, and they aren't the worst to get on to the rim and they inflate easily enough.

The only small niggle is that the back one isn't the best at holding pressure. But when i say that i mean that i left the bike alone for a month and the rear had lost about 15psi, but i cant help but think it wouldn't have been any different with any other wheelset.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I would recommend the Shimano wheels.

I have been running them for a year now on my yeti DJ and have had no problems at all. They are strong, not to heavy and are very serviceable.

I'm running mine with maxxis tubeless high rollers, and they aren't the worst to get on to the rim and they inflate easily enough.

The only small niggle is that the back one isn't the best at holding pressure. But when i say that i mean that i left the bike alone for a month and the rear had lost about 15psi, but i cant help but think it wouldn't have been any different with any other wheelset.
Good! Seems like a wise choice. Stupid question time: even if the XT wheels are "tubeless" wheels, can you run a normal tube with normal tire combo with it? I'm from the old school, never used tubeless before:blink:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
The weight of the 819 plus nipples added weight of ust/tubeless tire and sealant. I would stick with WTB laserdisc AM or the Atomlab Superlites, Ti or Sapim spokes Hadley, DT Swiss 240 or King rear hub and Atomlab Pimplite or Hope front hub.
Otherwise the XT wheelset.