one bike.

i have a place to stay in belling ham.

will split gas-room

alex morgan

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going or not - - deciding whether to pony up the $90 for the Int'l license upgrade, find lodging/camping, etc. And only the weekend after my 30th Anniversary.

Do you know if you HAVE to have a passport for UCI?

Anyway, let's see what spills out of this with other folks. One hitch . . . i'm in the Spokane area.

. . . what did you mean about having a place to stay in B'ham? That's a long way from Sun Peaks.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Alex, I PMed you, but I'm posting here too. I'll figure out for sure what I'm gonna do soon. Son's in B'ham, so it'd give me a good excuse to travel that way instead.

Ya, I'm 51 this year. Really want to get one chance at least to hit the Worlds, since it's practically in my back yard.

Thanks for the link. That would be good if it's just birth certificate. I know that's still all you need to get into Canada right now. After reading something on the UCI site last year about needing a passport, though, I'd made it a point to have one for sure this year, then procrastinated. Ahh well . . . .

MinorThreat said:
That would be good if it's just birth certificate. I know that's still all you need to get into Canada right now. After reading something on the UCI site last year about needing a passport, though, I'd made it a point to have one for sure this year, then procrastinated. Ahh well . . . .
All you need is a birth certificate and driver's license. I even managed to get back into the U.S. one time with only my license after I drove up with one friend, left my birth certificate in his car, and drove back with someone else. But the border guards are probably getting used to seeing me after several years of trips north every other week or so in the MTB season!

Have a good time if you go!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Yeah, my wife and I drove the Selkirk Loop up thru BC last week on vacation and DL +copy of our birth Certs were all we needed. I was more concerned if UCI was going to be a stickler on passport for verifying citizenship for the event. Thanks for your comments so far everyone.

I was quite surprised to find that it's about the same going to Sun Peaks from Spokane via the Puget Sound basin as to drive straight up timewise. If I can go, I'll probably lay over in Bellingham with my son since he lives there.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
MinorThreat said:
I was quite surprised to find that it's about the same going to Sun Peaks from Spokane via the Puget Sound basin as to drive straight up timewise. If I can go, I'll probably lay over in Bellingham with my son since he lives there.

if this is looking like a go i can book tickets to seatle and try and time
you coming thru on your way to your sons house.

alex

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
bcd said:
if this is looking like a go i can book tickets to seatle and try and time
you coming thru on your way to your sons house.

alex
If you want to book it before the weekend that might be your best bet, Alex. Then if we can connect in Bellingham, great. Or if I have to flake, you're getting there out of Seattle instead of Spokane.

Stay tuned, I'm going to bite the bullet tomorrow and talk this all over with my better half.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
good luck,

"OB1, you are my only hope"

i can't aford a rental car.
no one else has stepped up.
tickets to kamloops are too much.

i would drive my VW golf TDI but i can't take
that much time off.

alex