Quantcast

Looking for a used DH bike

Jan 12, 2009
I'm looking to upgrade to a bike that is more suited for DH than the bike I had before.

Something like a giant glory, izimu, trek session or any other reliable dh bike that's not prone to many frame breakage problems either.

I do not really want anything that is older than 2010, and I need a large (I am 6 feet tall)

Shoot me an email at trickabaugh@elon.edu or message me on here if you have something that I could take a look at.

I live in the piedmont area of NC so something in the vicinity would be great! If not, I am sure we can arrange something

Thanks!

Jan 12, 2009
you're only an inch taller than me and i rode a small bottlerocket for a few seasons....it was a little cramped but peppy ;)
That must have been a tight squeeze! I think it depends on how the bike feels, don't want something too big that you can't corner and throw around easily, but don't wanna be hunkered over and have the handlebars too close!

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
im six feet and i ride mediums, go by what size feels right riding, for example my boss is about 6.6 feet and he only rides xs frames. all i'm getting is that you don't necessarily need a large.

jutrut

Chimp
Apr 13, 2009
Been thinking about parting with my Demo 7 II. It's a Medium and has never had the steerer tube cut down. It's a great bike but I don't ride it enough to keep it around. It's a 2008 but was purchased new in 2010. I live in Asheville if you want to take a look. The bike is sooo fun but I just don't have time to take it where it needs to go. Oh and it has a set of custom I9's on her and I still have the orignal wheel set that has never seen dirt. $2,500.00.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?arc=2008&spid=34365