Quantcast

Looking for bikeshop in NY city

Don Diablo

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm currently in NY city for holiday. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good bike shop around here? Want to go shopping for some parts and clothing. Preferably Manhattan area.

Thanks!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Manhattan shops:
Sid's is great, already recommended.

Also check NYC Velo, I think on 2nd Ave on the Lower East Side. (If they have them in stock check out those fresh Laek House t-shirts while you're there. They are not only stylish but they make you just a little more safe riding in traffic at night. Brilliant idea and smooth styling behind those reflector graphics.)

And there's Bicycle Habitat on Lafayette between Prince St. and Spring if I remember correctly.

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
And there's Bicycle Habitat on Lafayette between Prince St. and Spring if I remember correctly.
Just don't ask to rent a bike. I was there one day & the manager tore a lady a new one, simply because she asked. Appearantly she was told they offer the service but he was tired people f-ing up the bikes & refused to accomodate her.

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
racer's edge!
i second daisycutter, gerald is an awesome guy all around.
knows his stuff, has good prices and will go out of his way to help you out.
it's a little outside of manhattan though--bout 40 minutes on the L train, but it's worth it.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Go to NYC Velo! 2nd Ave between 3rd and 4th streets in the East Village. Very nice place and run by mountain bikers!

Oh, and check out Bike Polo on Sundays if you can, South of Delancy @ Christie and Allen.