Quantcast

Looking for DH trails to ride in Monterey area

Squeegee

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
DC Metro area
What's up fellow monkeys? I'm from out east and am heading to Monterey in July for about 10 days with my wife and son to visit the "Inlaws", yeaaah!

Anyway, got clearance from the wife to bring the bikes, will be shipping out the DH bike and the XC bike.

So i was wondering if any of you kind hearted souls might share some info on the local trails in the area (more interested in DH/FR stuff)?

I know about N*, Mammoth and Downieville which are kind of a long haul from Monterey, right? (I have time for days trips pretty much)

I'd also be glad to return the favor for anyone looking for trails out east, specifically in the DC/VA/MD area.

Taeo

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
There's some good rides in Ft. Ord, both the Sea Otter side (Red Rocks trail is a legit FR trail) as well as the (truncated) East Garrison side (on the BLM administered sections). It's mostly XC but much fun is to be had. Some good riding in Toro Regional Park as well. Access is off Hiway 68 and Reservation/Imjin Rd. The downside is that lots of these trails are gonna be fairly soft and sandy by the time you get here (hell they already are). PM me if you wish but July will find me up in the Vancouver/Whistler area depending on dates.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
There's some good stuff to ride in Santa Cruz, also some so so stuff here in Monterey if you know where to look. Pretty much everything in Monterey doesn't need a DH bike to ride. When in July are you going to be here? I'll be in Colorado the first half of July but back the around the 15th and could show you around.

Squeegee

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
DC Metro area
i'll be out Monterey July 4-12, should be able to ride most anyday. Anybody who's around and wouldn't mind showing me a trail or too would be awesome. I'm bringing an XC bike and a FR bike, so could ride either. PM me if you can...