Quantcast

Looking for Dirt Jumpers

chadconger

Chimp
Dec 31, 2006
I am looking for dirt jumpers to help me add dirt jumping trails to my new website http://www.dirt-jumping.com Is anyone willing to add the trails in their area? I am trying to build a directory of trails and help people find a place to ride and people to ride with.

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
that seems like a really good idea. It's pretty hard to find dirt jumps in some areas a lot of the time... But a lot of people arn't willing to post their local spot like that. They like to keep it mostly a secret to keep the traffic low.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I for one don't know anybody that would publish the location of their jumps, especially because many are illegal.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
I for one don't know anybody that would publish the location of their jumps, especially because many are illegal.
exactly. it sucks that we have to build illegal trails. but sometimes thats the only way people get to ride. We have a spot here in LA the private land owner is aware of, and has been there for years. we're reallyl lucky to have this spot as just finding dirt trails around here are few and far apart.

chadconger

Chimp
Dec 31, 2006
Thanks for the input. Hopefully I will be able to find some people that own some trails or know where there are legal trails.

I also hope people will start using the forums to find people to help them build trails.

I will be adding a lot to the site I've been working on it for about a week and a half so there is more to come.

I am going to try and find the some land in the Tampa Bay area FL to build some trails. I'll keep everyone updated on the status of my project if there is anyone near this area.

chadconger

Chimp
Dec 31, 2006
Is everyone afraid that people will search the website so they can find illegal trails to tear down or do you guy just not want to share?

I respect your privacy. I am just curious.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Is everyone afraid that people will search the website so they can find illegal trails to tear down or do you guy just not want to share?

I respect your privacy. I am just curious.
more traffic to hidden trails tends to raise public awareness. not to mention inconsiderate assho1es that ruin stuff. from destroying jumps to leaving trash all over the place. all it takes is one bad apple to ruin the bunch.

chadconger

Chimp
Dec 31, 2006
I want to thank everyone for their input so far. It has been very helpful to understand why it is so hard to find trails for people just wanting to start out.

I may have come up with somewhat of a solution. Let me know what you think.

I have made all fields optional on the add trails form and added this note to it.

Note : If you want to keep your trails private or you are afraid to list them because they are in an illegal area, just list the Country, State, City, and a way to contact you. That way you can "screen" someone before you let them in on your secret area.

What do you think? Better?

I hope that I can find a way to help newbies get into the sport. The more people that ride, the more people there are to help build.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Pro BMX Riders
Here you can talk about your favorite mountain bike pros.

oxi - in your forum.

if you want your forum to grow have like 3 options.
trail
bikes
buysell

to start. as it grows ad all the others.
but only when asked or you feel its needed.

o i added my trails. they are found by the city now. there fate is undecided as of now.

chadconger

Chimp
Dec 31, 2006
I think you have a point about the forums. I am going to downsize it and allow it to grow. Good idea:clapping: .

Thanks for adding to the database. Any info can be helpful. If someone finds out that there are trails in their area at least they can ask around instead of just giving up.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If you want to keep the background color? I don't know maybe just put the links on bold black?

Can you just pull up a blank with your background color and just go through what options you have on your pallet?

Site looks good btw.....