Quantcast

Looking for friends in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill with big bikes

stevehollx

Chimp
Mar 7, 2011
Just snagged a 8" bike (arrives in three weeks), and I'm looking to get out and do some more DH this year. Since I have no friends that own DH bikes, I'm looking for like-minded friends in the area to make some trips to Snowshoe, Sugar, Wilson's, Clemson, Windrock, etc.

I'm a 27 year old young professional, male, down-to-earth.

Anyone looking for another gravity-fed riding companion? Gotta put this bike to use, and it's no fun (nor smart) on your own!

KAHL

Chimp
Mar 8, 2011
Raleigh/Brevard, NC
I ride/race DH and am looking for some riding partners this summer when I am back in town from school. I am deffinantly up for some bike park trips over the summer.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
When you get ready to go to Windrock(PM me) you have to go right past me Exit 24 off of I-40
just slow down and I'll pile-on. I am also planning a Snowshoe trip this summer, we all need to plan up a weekend to go. I do ride Wilson creek several times a season, but always on my xc bike.

sentinel13

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
Radioactive Woods, NC
Hey man, I live in Holly Springs (very close to the Harris Lake trails) and have 6 acres of my own plus another ~40 or so that are right next door that I am building "bike park" features on. Nothing crazy or real big, just good training sized stuff, but if you want to help build we can go as big as you feel comfortable hitting! Besides that there are some power line trails here that make decent DH training grounds (short runs, but steep, rutted, and rocky enough to justify big bike fun). Generally, if you spend some time riding my trails/jumps and then hit the power lines to add some miles, it makes for a decent big bike day. I ride either a 7" FR bike or a 4" slope bike around here and would have a hard time saying one was any more fun than the other on this terrain...

Anyway, PM me or shoot me a message on tmtb.com (Old Oister!) if you want to come check it out.

SwitzerDH

Chimp
Aug 30, 2010
New Bern, NC
I live in New Bern, about 1.5 hours South of Raleigh and I ride at Sugar, Snowshoe, Massenutten, etc. I go to Boone about once or twice a month through the summer and snowshoe once or twice during the summer and a trip to Massenutten as well. I have family in Boone so its a free place to stay and usually just weekend trips. I can swing by on my way through Raleigh on Fridays and Gas is free, company paid so its pretty low cost for the trips.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
When you get ready to go to Windrock(PM me) you have to go right past me Exit 24 off of I-40
just slow down and I'll pile-on. I am also planning a Snowshoe trip this summer, we all need to plan up a weekend to go. I do ride Wilson creek several times a season, but always on my xc bike.
June USAC Snowshoe race - SHOTGUN!!

sentinel13

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
Radioactive Woods, NC
Sentinel, I would like to help build and ride your area if you are down.
Switzer, sent you a PM. Anyone else local that wants to ride/dig in Holly Springs let me know... taking select applicants. :D Plus I could probably see myself working in to some road trip car pools.

Anyone coming to the Raleigh area is welcome to ride as well. It ain't much, but it's growing almost daily.

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I live out here in South Raleigh (Lake Wheeler/NCSU Area). I have my all-around Intense Uzzi, that I race DH with and ride local trails with, so I'm definitely down for some local and not local riding. I'd also like to check out Sentinel's trails sometime.

sentinel13

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
Radioactive Woods, NC
Apparently I need to add that all of the available trails that are not ON my property are controlled by a local hunt club. The hunt club manager lives here and has a VERY watchful eye over the property (problems with poachers/junk dumpers). These are not the type of trails I would advise searching for. The hunt club manager has given me permission to use CERTAIN areas anytime outside of hunting season. If you don't know which areas these are you are liable to get shot. Not by me, but predator hunting is legal year round, and these boys just seem to love shooting coyotes. They have graciously allowed me certain areas (just as of last week - an additional 3,500 acres). Sooo, anyone wanting to ride/help build, contact me here, via PM. Or, send an email to sentinel13@embarqmail.com - just be patient, it's not my work email and I don't forward it to my phone.

I didn't think it needed to be said, but people have been "probing" for info about the trails on another MTB website (there is a reason I didn't post this on that site!!!). These are NOT public trails. These are NOT pirate trails. All are welcome to message and get the info, but PLEASE don't go around asking about them randomly on every MTB website out there. Most of us already know this, but for those that don't, remember, the first rule of private/pirate trails... you don't talk about private trails.

Also, I'm still interested in working in to some car pools to higher ground. Let me know.

Last edited: