Quantcast

Looking for good SF shop with rental bikes (real bikes)

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
I'm heading to SF for a week for a vacation and am not going to be able to bring the bike along. I was hoping to find a good shop that will rent me a real bike, something that I can use to hit up some of the local trails for a day or 5 without dropping a huge amount of cash if possible. On that note, what are some of the trails that I will not want to skip? I know there are a ton of options, but I'm from NC and have never been west of the rockies with a bike so I must admit to being a bit lost as to what there is to ride and do out there. Any riders in the area want to head out sometime next week and help a confused tourist, haha?

descender

Chimp
May 6, 2003
San Francisco
Vision Cyclery on Stanyan.
This is the only place with "freeride" stuff.

Mikes Bikes on Howard.
Dont' know if they rent.

Hit up Skeggs for XC. Demo Forest in Santa Cruz. Annadel. ETc. It is all on MTBR.

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to do some longer XC rides, but I'm not looking for a rubberband bike. I wouldn't mind some more serious trails either. I wouldn't mind a bit of shuttling if there's any good dh in the area. Like I said, I've never ridden in California and all I know is what I've heard. I'm just hoping that I can find a place that will rent me a solid bike that will hold up to a couple days of abuse. Are there any group rides in the area next week?

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
descender said:
Vision Cyclery on Stanyan.
This is the only place with "freeride" stuff.

Mikes Bikes on Howard.
Dont' know if they rent.

Hit up Skeggs for XC. Demo Forest in Santa Cruz. Annadel. ETc. It is all on MTBR.
vision cyclery has gone out of buisness.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
you might have a hard time finding a high quality bike for rental in the city. most people want to ride across the bridge, so all the rental shops (like blazing saddles) have only hybrids...