Quantcast

looking for good track/commuter frames

batty_110

Chimp
Jun 15, 2006
Minnesota
I've been looking around, and am having trouble finding a quality ss specific road bike/frame. Hoping for something under $350 for a frame, and under $600 for a complete bike. Any suggestions? I've been looking at Leader bike frames, except i can't find anything regarding stiffness or weight, or anything really besides the geometry. Also, have you heard of a part that fixes the cassete freehub body? or just replaces it? I seem to remember seeing one somewhere, but i can't find them anywhere.

will_md

Chimp
Sep 12, 2004
westminster md
im not to up on the new frames and completes but the part your talking about is the surly fixxer. it replaces the freehub portion of a shimano hub and converts it to fixed gear.
i had one on a deore hub on a karate monkey for a while and it worked as advertised no problems in the 6 months or so i had it. i had a freewheel on it to though which i could see being less streeful for it than a track cog and lockring

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Redline 9-2-5 seems like a pretty sweet deal. Giant has one too... along with pretty much every other brand out there now.

batty_110

Chimp
Jun 15, 2006
Minnesota
I've been looking around, and IRO seems good. They're a really small company though. Kinda worries me. And that Windsor bike looks like it weighs more than I do. Another thing is that I really dispise threaded headsets. >.<