Quantcast

Looking For Some New Pedals

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
You can get Crank Bro's eggbeaters or candy's and then they offer a Ti spindle upgrade kit for them with a shorter spindle length, that's what I'd reccomend.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Muuqi said:
You can get Crank Bro's eggbeaters or candy's and then they offer a Ti spindle upgrade kit for them with a shorter spindle length, that's what I'd reccomend.
:stupid: Yup, you can get the spindle upgrade, or just buy the Eggbeater 4ti's that already have the shorter spindle. :drool:

amhso

Chimp
Dec 13, 2005
i ride using crank bros. eggbeater C's. I don't think anyone should pay that premium price to lose some grams on some pedals. cromoly is actually not that strong, but don't get the expensive ones. I have a pair of Shimano SPD's 504 or 505 or something that are pretty much brand new (i just used the once to see if they worked). $25 for them if you want.

eggbeaters are easy in and out though.

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
Well if they're going on your race bike then it probably would be worth it to save some weight where you can, since grams add up ya know. And I'd say the Crank Bros. have the shortest spindle on the market, unless you count road pedals.