Quantcast

lots of down trees at SST

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
Well, today I went out to SST with my chain saw and a little bit of extra gas. I was planning on doing a little clearing and some riding. It turned out to be all clearing and no riding. Lucky for me a guy named Darrel? and his boyz were out there:clapping: . I did a whole lot of cutting and they moved the debris behind me. So if you see this family out on the trail give'm a thanks. So 3 hrs later and no more gas, the majority of trees got cleared. Still 2 major trees to clear. So if anyone reads this and is heading out tomorrow, bring a saw. Thanks
Ethan

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks, Ethan and Daryl!:thumb:
At least you got out in the woods? Most of my weekend consisted of pumping insulation up into our attic - good times!
Was this just at the flowpark or was it all over? I'm hoping that one fallen tree that was leaning against a medium branch up top finally fell all the way down. That thing always spooks me when I ride near it.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Thanks, Ethan and Daryl!:thumb:
At least you got out in the woods? Most of my weekend consisted of pumping insulation up into our attic - good times!
Was this just at the flowpark or was it all over? I'm hoping that one fallen tree that was leaning against a medium branch up top finally fell all the way down. That thing always spooks me when I ride near it.
Widow maker :monkeydance:

Sep 8, 2004
Thanks Ethan!
I think its pretty cool that we have people so dedicated to our sport, that they have our trails fixed.... before the power company even gets the power back on for everybody.

Not a bad idea bibs, potential log rides... or even a wall ride?

-James.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
A few of us continued what Ethan and Darell started, but we need more chain saw action. Anyone with a chain saw please come out tomorrow. I'll be there and get behind your cutting. Peace!

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
Yeah I tried to cut the logs the right size for making jumps. There's alot more wood to be cut for jumps o-plenty.

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I was there on friday, several huge trees down. Cleared one line (the one that sets you up for the right side gap near the bottom) before the chainsaw ran out of gas. There was a big one down on the landing of the new gap, which also blocked off several other lines. There were also two big trees blocking the paved road used for hiking up.

PS that new gap looks awesome :thumb:, I want to hit it once the tree is off of the landing.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Mut is a lumberjack apprentice...:clapping: :)

We'll be running another saw tomorrow getting the cedar tree off of my grandma's house. i'm going to take some and use it for Collonade... seriously....

Man, it's been a completely whacked couple of days for me bro...

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Sweet, thanks for clearing out the trees, I was worried that my next day there would be all work and no play. I will definatly use some of the new wood!

-Kim

klikboom

Chimp
Jul 11, 2005
EveRett
NICE job guys! I ended up going dirt biking last saturday instead of mountain biking, because at Walker Valley the Forest service clear trees for you :) I will be heading down to SST soon, as i have off of work from the 22nd to the 2nd. What days are people planning to head down to ride over Christmas time??

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I'd like to shoot some footage of us putting our ride spot back together. Will have the HD camera and a chainsaw w/gass down there on Friday. If you are up to being a part of a segment in Bones Over Metal about us putting the place back together and riding the lines afterward, then be there between 11am and 12pm.

Just so you know this day works for us, plus we'll most likely have good weather. Sorry if it doesn't work for you.

Let me know here if you have interest. Peace and go ride.

Mark

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
I'm not sure if i can make it, but i'll try. Might be heading up to Easton on friday. Anyways, hope all goes well and thanks for putting in the work to get the place back together. By the way, the fluidride video on youtube is pretty wicked. I liked it. Keep it up.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I'm ditching work tomorrow and will be there around 11. I don't ride Softies but if people are heading over there I'm more then willing to help out.