Quantcast

Lots of Pictures from my trip to Utah

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
I just flew into town a few hours ago from my trip to Utah. Me and my dad went out to Bryce and Zion area with Escape Adventures. We took a trip to Tahoe last year with them and they are an awesome company. It was an excellent start to summer, the guides cook for you and show you the best trails.

The first day we rode Bunker Creek trail at Brian Head. Considering I ride a big freeride rig, this was probably my favorite day, lots of technical descending, not much climbing.

Here is Nikki, one of the guides.

The trails don't look like this back east.

Nikki again.

Day 2 was on the Casco (I think this was the name) Canyon trail in the morning, then the Cassidy trail in the afternoon.

My dad on Cassity

Phil

Paul

Chris

Trees and Such.

Day 3 was Thunder Mountain Trail, this was my second favorite trail, the switchback descent at the end kicked ass. I didnt stop for any pictures though. Here is one shot from Bryce Canyon in the afternoon though.

Day 4 was the Virgin River Rim trail in the morning, then Navajo lake loop in the afternoon.

This is definately my favorite picture of the trip.

A lava field on Navajo lake. 2 other guys and I rode this trail while it was snowing later that night. I couldn't believe it was snowing in june.

The return trip on the sweet singletrack.

The only picture of me riding.

Day 5 was mostly dirt roads so I didnt take any pictures. Day 5 was the only day I didn't enjoy, my bike was just way overkill for dirt roads.

Day 6 was our final day, but it was real cool. We hiked the zion narrows, which is a canyon where you hike right through the creek. Insert artsy photo crap.

Last one.

I hope you enjoy these, tell me what you think.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Great pictures! Looks like an awesome time was held by all. Such a pretty area. Nothing like the Angel's Landing hike at Zion to get you over a fear of heights...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
coolness those water shots are mighty impressive! :thumb:
sounds like you had a blast rippin the XC.
it is the hardest thing in the world to bust out the camera in the techy sections when you're feelin the flow. :love:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wow, those are awesome dude...much R3SP3CTin' going on in Southern Utah.

How hot was it? Thursday and Friday were crappy weather days, I'm wondering if you got lucky and some of the cool front hit you.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
T-Pirate said:
<snip>
A lava field on Navajo lake. 2 other guys and I rode this trail while it was snowing later that night. I couldn't believe it was snowing in june.
Welcome to The West. Try snow in July or August too..............

Nice pics! Looks like a great time was had by all.

-S.S.-

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
cool pics. one unsolicited piece of advice: when doing the focus-on-foreground, blur-background style, make sure you pick something interesting for the foreground subject... :D

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Nice pictures dude, Looks like a good time. Except for the fat lesbians you told me about... too bad our dirtjumpin got rained out. But at least you got the bike put back together.

We will dirtjump tomorow after I get off work round 12.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
dexterq20 said:
Damn, you're gonna give Derek a run for his money for the position of R3SP3CTOGRAPHER.
NOt without a fight@#(##$*#^&^&!)*&!

looks like a very good time and thats what vacations are about :D

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
T-Pirate... dude, you're letting out all the secrets to the best singletrack in Southern Utah!!! Honestly, the Brian Head area has by far the best singletrack in Southern Utah. I'd ride there anyday over Moab! I love Moab, but Brian Head is way more fun overall. And, you can ride there in the middle of summer and it's only 80-85 degrees since you're riding at 10,000 feet. Try riding Porcupine Rim in Moab during August... you'll be over 100 degrees and dying a painful death!

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
powderboy said:
T-Pirate... dude, you're letting out all the secrets to the best singletrack in Southern Utah!!! Honestly, the Brian Head area has by far the best singletrack in Southern Utah. I'd ride there anyday over Moab! I love Moab, but Brian Head is way more fun overall. And, you can ride there in the middle of summer and it's only 80-85 degrees since you're riding at 10,000 feet. Try riding Porcupine Rim in Moab during August... you'll be over 100 degrees and dying a painful death!
Yeah I am sure Moab is awesome, but I don't have that much of a desire to go there. I would rather go somewhere that not everyone else has been, I like checking out trails I haven't heard so much about. Brian Head was awesome. I wish I had gotten to check out some more of the DH action there though.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
T-Pirate, how do you post so many higher res pics without going over the limit? Also how do you post them in large format without the silly thumbnail?

Nice pics yo! You are on your way for sure!

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
punkassean said:
T-Pirate, how do you post so many higher res pics without going over the limit? Also how do you post them in large format without the silly thumbnail?

Nice pics yo! You are on your way for sure!
he is a hacker...

Or should I say Master Hacker.