Quantcast

Love these bikes (Enduro SX)

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
I wonder what they did with the shock tune. It's still going to be a really linear feeling bike with that linkage, the one thing I didn't like about the last SX.
I'm hoping they tuned it similar to the P-Slope. That might make up for the linkage. I think you should do another review:thumb:
I might order one if the price stays below 2k.

Last edited:

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
If that's not a 26" wheel, I'm mailing boxes of poop to morgan hill.

It's a 26. Gwinn raced on a 29er enduro.
Speaking of, you need to ride a 29er Enduro Mr. Woo; I bet the only poop will be oozing down your leg!

The most ridiculous cheater bike I have ever ridden. Does not replace 26" bikes, but sure rips the crap out of them!

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
wow that thing looks sick...

i havent been in this forum in about 6years..getting back into mtb with a giant reign for trail riding and a hardtail for the bmx track/messing around...my original enduro sx was my favorite short travel bike ever..i so regret selling it...if anybody knows of a size small id love to buy it..

heres my old one after it had been sitting for a few years...i loved the original graphics but my friend had powdercoated it black and he was selling it cheap at the time...dont even remember what year 2004 or 5??

Last edited:

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
I always wanted a short travel SX but never found one at the right price in the right condition. Anyway, Ive just had confirmation of my order for a new SX. Not sure what forks/wheels/crank to bolt up for use as a mini-DH fun play bike. Open to suggestions from wise monkeys.....

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Excuse my tardness but what is the difference btw an 'actual' (69.5*) and an 'effective' (76*) seat tube angle?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Excuse my tardness but what is the difference btw an 'actual' (69.5*) and an 'effective' (76*) seat tube angle?
the seat tube starts further forward in the frame, so they angle it back more to accomplish an effective 76˚ from the bb to seat.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
don't worry, it's not you that's 'tarded

Actual seat tube angle is simply the angle between the seat-tube and horizontal plane. (whether it's an interupted seattube or more traditional un-interupted seattube)

Effective seat tube angle is a load of made up bollocks involving a "virtual" horizontal measurement from the centre of the head tube (top) to the centre line of the seatpost so another "virtual" line from the centre of the BB shell can be measuredvand was only made up so manufacturers could list the other totally pointless measurement "effective Top tube" in their frame Geomerty info.

I'm just about to head out on my ol' 02 Whitey SX with original stays.. wish me luck ;)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Gary, did you got good place in endure UK recently? I wondered if it was the same Gary :-)
ha ha.. no I hate UK gravity Enduro

You're probably thinking of Gary Forrest, Ex Elite DHer from Peebles, Scotland, just down the road.. I'm old enough to be his dad and the only thing I'm likely to beat him at is pre-race drinking :D

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
2000usd

Not cheap for a "standard" enduro back end bolted to a few Status-like tubez.
Knew it. Since the 2012 Sx retailed for $1800, there's no way the 2013 would be under $2k. I know all prices seem to go up each year, but typically Fox Shox and Specialized raise their prices substantially compared to everyone else (other Spec. products seem to get jacked up even more YTY).

That being said, the new frame makes me go straight to midnight. Damn you, Taiwan. Damn you.

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
Knew it. Since the 2012 Sx retailed for $1800, there's no way the 2013 would be under $2k. I know all prices seem to go up each year, but typically Fox Shox and Specialized raise their prices substantially compared to everyone else (other Spec. products seem to get jacked up even more YTY).

That being said, the new frame makes me go straight to midnight. Damn you, Taiwan. Damn you.
Good news! I just checked my sales receipt and its actually 1950, not 2k.
Now I an afford a tyre....

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
limited production in response to 'limited interest'.
Interesting reading the Blister Review of the old model at http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2011-specialized-sx-part-2 as it does sound like it is quite a versatile bike.
They have been making the SX since 2002 or 03 in small batches. Kidwoo review is spot on about how the frame reacts. I've had my 2010 PUSHed and it's a lot better but still can't be used as DJ specific FS bike. Hopefully the rear shock and the frame allow it to be stiffen out like the new P-Slopes. Mine is used mainly as a trail bike that I can DJ on but if I'm going DJing, I grab my P2.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
limited production in response to 'limited interest'.
Interesting reading the Blister Review of the old model at http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2011-specialized-sx-part-2 as it does sound like it is quite a versatile bike.
Whoa that dude's sexy as shlt.

OC: Grab somma them fancy volume reducers if you haven't already. They're cheap and they really change the way it rides, in a good way.

I just sold that bike (for exactly what the new FRAMES cost since no one seems to want those things) and pretty much told the buyer to never even bother with the second shock I sent him without moving those volume reducers over.

Definitely curious what they did with the new ones. But they cost too much for me to do a curiosity buy. I'm just going to keep holding my breath on that trek slopestyle frame.

Last edited: