Quantcast

Lowering manipoo stance flow

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Just trying to make the hardtail a little more dj/track friendly. Is there any way to lower a stance flow down to around 80mm (nobody say rtwd)? I would uprgrade but the big bike is sucking all my $$

thanks

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
You might want to check ou this topic on streetsteeze.com:http://streetsteeze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9

The instructions are for a sherman, but they worked fine for me on a stance flow. Also, I used a peice of pvc instead of hose washers. In the future I want to try using hose washers. It seems like this method would be less noisy and put less stress on th damper when it rebounds. In my experience you can also put the pvc/hose washers in the spring side of the fork, but it is much more difficult to reassemble because you have to compress the spring several inches while while trying to thread the bottom of the stantion back in.

The RTWD shouldn't cause you any problems. You may want to wind it down before disassembly for easier reassembly.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
hmm,. tried the hose washers and it didn't really work. Well it might've worked but it would be a bit ghetto. The inner diameter of the washers is a bit to large so they'll sneak up into the top out spring :'(. unless you can find different ones than me, but they all were the same size at ACE.