Quantcast

Lynchburg?

S

seespotendo

so i am planning on attending Randolph College which is in lynchburg. I am curious about the biking community in that area. Hows the riding? and what kind of riding is available?

thanks!
nick

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
There is a great selection of riding (from beginner to expert/ advanced) in town, with ALOT of options all within 45 min drive. Personally I prefer Candlers Mt (in-town) to almost all other local spots.

G-boy

Chimp
Mar 11, 2005
Lynchburg VA
Im across the street from Randolf college, locally no real dirt jumps the College has some good stuff and there are some good rock drops around blackwater creek. What kind of bike did you bring? There is also Massanutten DH race in may. You can give me a call if you want a guide. Steve 531-2127.

S

seespotendo

well im going to school there this fall, but for now im in front royal.

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
I'm just up the street from Randolph. Like mentioned previously, Candlers Mtn is decent, otherwise you'll be doing some longer distance driving for anything more than that. I did live in the Harrisonburg area for a while, before coming to Lynchburg College, and the riding is far superior there. Let me know if you want to ride here, or head that way. I'm always looking for more people to ride with.