Quantcast

Lyric on 2009 BigHit

BALOG

Chimp
Mar 3, 2004
Hi guys,

I´m riding a Banshee wildcard at the moment with Lyrik Solo Air up front.

The thing is that I´m now working for the Specialized and SRAM distributor in Brazil and will probably change the frame soon.

Unfortunetly we do not import the SX Trail at the moment because of the high price and lack of demand, so the closest model I can get is the 2009 BigHit frame.

Will the fork be too low for the frame?

Just to remember, the BigHit has 190mm of travel, the HT angle is 65.5 in the low setting with the original 180mm Domain and BB is 365mm high.

Last edited:

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
i never really understood putting less travel in the front on freeride bikes. With the lyrc(its 160mm right?) your prolly looking at a 66.5 degree ht angle and a lower bb.

BALOG

Chimp
Mar 3, 2004
i never really understood putting less travel in the front on freeride bikes. With the lyrc(its 160mm right?) your prolly looking at a 66.5 degree ht angle and a lower bb.
That´s why I´m asking you guys.

I don´t need 190mm of rear travel... but I cannot have an SX Trail, so the BigHit seems to be the only option for me.

I just up-graded my fork to the Lyric and it´s just what I need, it´s perfect for my style, really light and very adjustable.

I could take the BigHit and put a 180mm Domain, but it´s in another level and the Totem is too much for me.

Roo

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Vanconver, WA
Last year I was living in Atlanta and one of the guys we rode with worked at Specialized and would travel back and forth between Georgia and California. He used to ride his Enduro SL with a Lyric on it in downhill races and do some pretty big jumps, gaps and drops at full speed. He loves that bike and it looks pretty tough with the Lyric. Why not look into that set up? You'd still be able to climb and all that if need be.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Or better yet, if price is an object. I have been riding a Specialized Pitch for my freeride needs. It has been holding up to some gnarly drops. I needed something a little longer on the front end though, Domain was the way to go. :)

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
As you are a specialized distributor and they don't do a suitable bike for your self why not do a swap with a retailer for another brand? We often do strait swaps or work out some sort of credits with retailers and manufactures we deal with.

BALOG

Chimp
Mar 3, 2004
Thanks guys....´in fact i´m not worried about the travel... I´m worried only with the geometry... won´t it be too affected??