Quantcast

MÖñĐåŸ

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
For whatever reason the bears seems (h)angry this year* -- be safe out there:

A grizzly bear mauled an employee working for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in the Centennial Valley on Wednesday.
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks announced the incident in a news release Friday. The employee, a biologist, is expected to recover fully despite serious bite wounds.

The biologist was working on a sage grouse monitoring project on Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, when they spotted two grizzly bears in the sagebrush around 100 yards away, according to the release.

The agency also recommends that those recreating in ways that are purposefully quiet or fast moving, like mountain biking or trail running, exercise extreme caution in bear country.

* There's been 2 attacks near Henry's Lake this month, one in YNP last week and a couple in Big Sky.

I guess there is an UPSIDE to my limited biking days thus far...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Aand the new reorg has been announced. Third boss in my four months with the company. I missed a Sunday meeting with the new group because I didn't check my email at 7am yesterday. :twitch:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Aand the new reorg has been announced. Third boss in my four months with the company. I missed a Sunday meeting with the new group because I didn't check my email at 7am yesterday. :twitch:
What industry do you work in?

Remind me so I never, ever consider it. 7 am meetings on a Sunday, get the fuck outta here with that shit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
For whatever reason the bears seems (h)angry this year* -- be safe out there:

A grizzly bear mauled an employee working for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in the Centennial Valley on Wednesday.
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks announced the incident in a news release Friday. The employee, a biologist, is expected to recover fully despite serious bite wounds.

The biologist was working on a sage grouse monitoring project on Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, when they spotted two grizzly bears in the sagebrush around 100 yards away, according to the release.

The agency also recommends that those recreating in ways that are purposefully quiet or fast moving, like mountain biking or trail running, exercise extreme caution in bear country.

* There's been 2 attacks near Henry's Lake this month, one in YNP last week and a couple in Big Sky.

I guess there is an UPSIDE to my limited biking days thus far...
someone posted a pic of a big blonde grizzly crossing some RR tracks yesterday near glacier on the gnp fb page....it was a traffic problem....

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What industry do you work in?

Remind me so I never, ever consider it. 7 am meetings on a Sunday, get the fuck outta here with that shit.
Software startups. I was leaving home before 8AM, the meeting was scheduled for a little later than 7, but because I did not check my email early, I missed it. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
2 oxys & alprazolam gave me some much needed sleep last night. I woke up in the exact position I passed out in. I guess I gonna sit on the deck and read today.
i have done that without the drugs....it's just exhaustion....fall out of chair...crack head on desk...hit floor...

get up in morning....get dtessed....sit in chair....start to put shoes on....wake up 45 minutes later or fall on my face on the floor....

nod off getting out of the car....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Open space behind my house is on fire. A high school/relatively narrow neighborhood and 4-lane street are the barrier. We're on the edge of the evacuation zone (we are on the open space below the N on Diamond K). Giddy.
Screenshot_20200629-132318.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Open space behind my house is on fire. A high school/relatively narrow neighborhood and 4-lane street are the barrier. We're on the edge of the evacuation zone (we are on the open space below the N on Diamond K). Giddy.
You can come live in my basement in exchange for yardwork. Can even use the gigabit internet when not tending to the plants

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well then... took apart the drive train on my gravel bike because it was appalling.

I guess the degreaser I picked up was a little strong, as the front chain rings now have no anodizing. Even mixed 50/50 and only let it sit for 10 minutes. Oh well... the silver colour looks kind of cool on the black bike. But good thing these are el cheapo rings. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My heart rate got too high today. I started running blank tape. Making mistakes and generally did not have fun. I took a more conservative route and made it back to the trailhead. Called Uber and paid $28 to get home. Kind of nervous about leaving the Bike in the Car, and the Car at the trailhead. I am not going anywhere now... Heart Rate is 94 right now. Feel like shit. Oxygen and Blood sugar are in range. My Brother is aware of the situation.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My heart rate got too high today. I started running blank tape. Making mistakes and generally did not have fun. I took a more conservative route and made it back to the trailhead. Called Uber and paid $28 to get home. Kind of nervous about leaving the Bike in the Car, and the Car at the trailhead. I am not going anywhere now... Heart Rate is 94 right now. Feel like shit. Oxygen and Blood sugar are in range. My Brother is aware of the situation.
Jesus dude, take it easy. Feel better soon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well then... took apart the drive train on my gravel bike because it was appalling.

I guess the degreaser I picked up was a little strong, as the front chain rings now have no anodizing. Even mixed 50/50 and only let it sit for 10 minutes. Oh well... the silver colour looks kind of cool on the black bike. But good thing these are el cheapo rings. :D
Greased Lightning?

Paging @CrabJoe StretchPants

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Take care of yourself, Jim.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Greased Lightning?

Paging @CrabJoe StretchPants

Glad others made the same mistake as me.

Tldr: had a like new full diabolus set in black ano that I deemed needed a good degreasing BITD. Soaked them all in a bin for a while in a water/greased lightning mix. Twas a faded grey set by the time they were done. Not a particle of grease in sight though.