Quantcast

M16 who has time on one or m

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Any input on it's performance and handling ...

So I grabbed a m16 deal was too good to pass up..

LOVE my M9 and 951 Evo ...

Just any thoughts on it ride wise etc . Plan on coil to get rid of progressive nature and keep it stuck to ground a bit more than normal...mullet as well.

Apparently it's more progressive than M9 and v-10..

Any tips or thoughts on it and it will give me a starting point .

I swapped fork to a ohlins dh38, shock will be a ttx22m or avalanche woodie...
IMG_20230122_230842_071.jpg

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
No input on how the bike feels but would love to know how the fork holds up, DVO seem to have fallen to the wayside a little after that promising start

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I might have been semi interested in that DVO fork to see what the leg-to-leg clearance was between the crowns.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What percentage of all Intense DH frames ever produced do you think you've owned at this point? 30?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Been lucky both m9s, 951 and m16 are all straight at this point....

@kidwoo yeah 240lbs on a inverted fork I'm sure would bring the wiggle but I'd like to have run a chute or 2 just to feel it...
But pissing on a electric fence seemed like a good idea till it wasn't...
fore/aft stiffness on inverteds is usually better. It's the rocky deflection twisting that gets a little weird. Some versions were pretty damn good all around (old white brothers stuff).

I just enjoy bagging on dvo.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lol...yeah I didn't read their claim just looked at the end product and design...yes I have some intense bikes and will be running different stuff next year as well .. just going through a range of stuff right now....

I love cruising the 951 Evo, that's a fun as hell bike...the m9 has been a blast...the 951 I'll be keeping ....it's just too much damn fun...

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Lol...yeah I didn't read their claim just looked at the end product and design...yes I have some intense bikes and will be running different stuff next year as well .. just going through a range of stuff right now....

I love cruising the 951 Evo, that's a fun as hell bike...the m9 has been a blast...the 951 I'll be keeping ....it's just too much damn fun...
Hey bullcrew,on the 951 you run a Mullet right? 29 27,or 27 26? I remember on one of these threads you had a shot of the bike and a Monkey said how are you runin that wheel without smacken the Fork? You have very little clearance on the Arch of the Fork,but no problems you said. However your Fork is badass,Avy Cart and all no? I am the same as you,almost 6’5 240 lbs.

I have a Z1 5” 20mm stock Fork on my DerKerf Implant(HardTail),was thinkin of a 27 26 setup. Mabye it is a waste of money and time? I have a Hope Bigun 20mm for new wheel,but would have to get a brake as well,mabye. You already had the wheel,so not as big as risk money wise? Just chewin the Fat.

Avy

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
As long as you have 3-4mm clearance from tire to arch your good...27.5 doesn't require if any offset.
.I ran it 26/275 now all bikes are 27.5/29..

If you have a wheel with 14.5 clearance from center of axle to crown then a 27.5 will fit.

As far as smacking frame I wouldn't be too worried about that..
Compress a 26 on there now and see distance to frame on compression...

I have flexed Boxxers and had the wheel hit down tube....so anything can move ...

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
As long as you have 3-4mm clearance from tire to arch your good...27.5 doesn't require if any offset.
.I ran it 26/275 now all bikes are 27.5/29..

If you have a wheel with 14.5 clearance from center of axle to crown then a 27.5 will fit.

As far as smacking frame I wouldn't be too worried about that..
Compress a 26 on there now and see distance to frame on compression...

I have flexed Boxxers and had the wheel hit down tube....so anything can move ...
No Brother,I was worried about the Tire hitting the Crown,just sending you over the bars.

Avy

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
I might have been semi interested in that DVO fork to see what the leg-to-leg clearance was between the crowns.
If you can draw me what dimension exactly you are interested in, I can check that for ya