Quantcast

M6 compared to current m3?

PRotoolsman

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
Anyone upgrade from m3 to the m6? I have been hearing some mixed reviews about the bb height. I am no where close to being a dh pro racer, So for the most part Im thinking it might be better sticking with the m3. I have heard others that are heavy riders( I am 230lb)complain about the m3 bottoming the out the bb,yet I have never done this. I have to be careful where i pedal,but this is common with any dh specific bike. The only reason Im considering the m6 is that I can probably get 1500 or 1600 for my m3 frame,plus i was already going to get the ccdb shock. So really Id only be coming out of pocket about $800. Sorry for being so vague. Any professional advice would be much appreciated.

P>S can you get the m6 for $2999 with the cane creek shock?

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
the m6 will cost you around 3600 usd with a ccdb upgrade...i've heard that the m6 may sit lower then my sunday factory...but i cant say for sure until i get mine built up.

PRotoolsman

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
damn!why so much?cant you get the ccdb for $650 with a steel coil? what are the differences between the ccdb, and the fox dhx 5.0?

PRotoolsman

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
So what are the differences that stand out to those of you that have run a 5.0 and a cane creek double barrel? I really like my m3. Am I ready for an m6? I dont get paid to race,if I was I would probably get it for free,so in that case is anyone ready for an m6 that has to buy? I dont know why people get stuck up about bikes,it really goes against everything riding is about. If I like riding intense m series bikes which I have been since the m1,why is it a problem? Technology has been progressing pretty fast in this sport,I mean as far as I know they havent used the technology they use on the ccdb before now. ANyway I was just asking a question in a bike forum to get some ideas,I will try somewhere else. Sorry for asking such absurd questions.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
damn!why so much?cant you get the ccdb for $650 with a steel coil? what are the differences between the ccdb, and the fox dhx 5.0?
the up exact up charge for a ccdb is $575 with a ti spring...i believe the m6 runs a 10.5 eye to eye rear shock...but i'm sure the revox that comes standard works just as well too.

PRotoolsman

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
Ya thats pretty much what I already assumed.Anyway if youir already going to spend 3000 why not a extra 400 to get the bad boy!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Call Fanatic in B'ham. They have both and they won't b**** you.

Honestly, unless you're racing at a higher level, I don't think you will appreciate the M6. It is insanely low. So low that I think it would be a hinderance for an intermediate level rider.
The M3 with a DHX is an awesome bike. Unless you just need to spend some money, I would stick with it.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Huh? Dude if your M3 was a car it would be a formula 1 Ferrari. The M6 is an improved version of the M3, why not have the best if you can afford it. IMO your concerns about your skill level apply to the Geo of the M3 just as much as they would the M6.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
Uhhhh no.

I have ridden both (on a different bike) and there is no comparison between the revox and ccdb.
he mentioned he wasn't being paid to race. if the shock is set up correctly, i'm sure he will get really good use out of it...the revox by no means a bad shock and the ccdb is its own category....so ummm ya i think the revox would do any average "joe" just fine.

then again this is my own average joe opinion seeing that i have both.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
he mentioned he wasn't being paid to race. if the shock is set up correctly, i'm sure he will get really good use out of it...the revox by no means a bad shock and the ccdb is its own category....so ummm ya i think the revox would do any average "joe" just fine.

then again this is my own average joe opinion seeing that i have both.
On that same thought, a Bighit would do a "joe" racer just fine as well.

PRotoolsman

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
Even if you are at pro level, your still an average joe comparatively to the top players in the world cup(who are really the only ones making any money riding).

So I guess if we all need jobs to pay our bills then all of us are average joes just having fun. Whether you race or not really doesnt mean much except to your own ego since the top guys in the world cup could kick everyones ass!:lighten:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I've always believed that the only prerequisite that I need to buy whatever I want is if I can afford it.

PRotoolsman

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
same here man. If you want to get a ****ing m6 and ride it on the beach go ahead its your money. this is part of the reason intense has money for bad ass frame design!They sign riders to promote there frame to regular consumers! I personally ride everyday,and wake up extra early to do so. I say im a begginer cause I have seen the world cup in person and know what proffesional riders get paid for. I can however ride. I am no stranger to big gaps,high ladders,and road gaps.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
I've always believed that the only prerequisite that I need to buy whatever I want is if I can afford it.
Yeah who cares what other people think, if some kid beats you on a clapped out old bullit then whatever, as long as you are having fun people will respect that, if they don't..........*#uk em!

Learning to ride with a low BB and slack HA, imo is just as easy as progressing with a high BB and steep HA freeride bike.