Quantcast

M6 discontinued?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That is will see production in 2010, but not before spring, they are currently really busy with the 951 frames
Yeah He touched on something about that, but was also clear it would be the same as what the evo is now....IE less adjsutments, probably just the head angle sleeve. In there own words......."Its too many adjustments to sell to the public"

Just to add a note, the biggest part to ANY bike being considered to be made in the USSA, ot Italy, or spain ETC.... iss all about were the majority of the value is added to the build...... that means it can actually have alot of the parts being outsourced, then welded, and assembled stateside. I belive that is the actual case of the v10. But thats just talking about the sticker saying Made in USA......As far as I am actually concerned, if its not all amde in the US, it isnt. See this alot more in road bikes than Mtn bikes, but its the same idea. This comes from MANY differnt reps. Orbea is one I can think of right off hand that does their bike that way. the tubes, lugs, and other parts are made over seas, then they are assembled in Spain, were they get there made in spain tag.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Not for a while now. I remember 2 or so years ago some buddies were waiting for ages for the 08 v-10's because they had huge supplier/mfg issues over in taiwan and the frames took forever to get across the pond.
I think you're confused. The links were most likely the hold up with your friends getting their frames as they were most likely machined/ manufactured overseas and what with 08 being the first year of the carbon links and mini fenders in with the redesign.

I don't know what you lot are on about but my 09 clearly says MADE IN USA, not designed, not tested, MADE.

sorry for the crappy picture but the lighting is bunk in my shop and I just have a lousy point and shoot. This is what your bike looks like after you race it... a lot.

Last edited:
V-10 is still USA made (by Sapa)
Correct, the V10 is still an USA made frame.

After talking to a friend, who happens to be a lawyer, he tells me that being assembled in the USA doesn't quailify for the "Made in the USA" sticker. It may for Spain and other countries, but US laws protect that issue from happening here. It has to be made here, not assembled here to carry the decal.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Here in the PNW the terrain is meant for this type of bike. I now have an m3 (9.5 inches in the rear) and it never ceases to blow my mind at how well it handles the terrain around here. Bring on the new sled!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I don't know, maybe I have different expectations from a bike company, but if I have paid two and half thousand pounds for a frame, I don't expect to have to be 'in' with guys in the company just to get spare parts for it. Likewise, of course I wouldn't be a tool on the phone to anyone, but I don't want to have to kiss ring to get decent service. The M1 I can understand a lack of parts for, not the M3 or later. Sometimes I think the bike industry gets away with a lot of nonsense and basically forgetting that we are paying customers by playing on the 'community' bro-love thing.

On a personal note, you'd need to have me at gun point to spend my own hard earned on an Intense. Crack happy, squint from the factory, overpriced and undersupported, not to mention vulgar designs. (All in my opinion of course ;))
i'll second that.

and this too:D however, sometimes it is by choice, seek and destroy, it is fun:thumb:

So long as Plattekill and Windrock exist, plow will have it's place among the mighty.

Oh, and the "kiss the ring" comment was classy!:thumb:

pillete

Monkey
Mar 25, 2005
Getting back on topic, I spoke to Intense today and this is what they said "The M6 had been discontinued, the 951 is our downhill bike offering"

lumpygravy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2008
I don't know, maybe I have different expectations from a bike company, but if I have paid two and half thousand pounds for a frame, I don't expect to have to be 'in' with guys in the company just to get spare parts for it. Likewise, of course I wouldn't be a tool on the phone to anyone, but I don't want to have to kiss ring to get decent service. The M1 I can understand a lack of parts for, not the M3 or later. Sometimes I think the bike industry gets away with a lot of nonsense and basically forgetting that we are paying customers by playing on the 'community' bro-love thing.

On a personal note, you'd need to have me at gun point to spend my own hard earned on an Intense. Crack happy, squint from the factory, overpriced and undersupported, not to mention vulgar designs. (All in my opinion of course ;))
However all that would be forgiven if their results were consistently at the top :think: :shocked:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
that makes me realize how intense moved from a dh frame builder to a maker of mtb frames. there is a larger group of trail riders then dhrs so it makes sense but thats not how intense made its name

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Pretty sure SC never had their own production facility.

Pretty sure nothing SC is made in the US anymore, in a video about the new Syndicate bikes with the longer shock they talked about how they had to alter existing frames to get the shock to fit because retooling the factory for a few frames was not cost effective. If they had their own production facility they could easily fab a prototype.

Apr 4, 2008
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm really hoping for the M6 EVO. I have been looking at a more agile bike that pops off the jumps and rails out of the corners. So I got a slopestyle and now I have a great all around bike and my knarly DH bike. The slopestyle handles at least 75% of what I ride but when I need the M6 its the right tool for the job and does it better than anything else Ive ever riden. I will be extremely disapointed if the M6 or its evolution truely goes away. :(