Quantcast

M6 has the lowest freaking BB evar!!!!

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
If it actually happens. I've owned two intense bikes and neither had a BB as low as published. I think they measure their bikes with flat tires.
i agree. i think the intense site sez they use 2.35 tires for the geo specs---i assume they're using super low volume tires like the maxxis 2.35's, perhaps with 1 psi.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
i agree. i think the intense site sez they use 2.35 tires for the geo specs---i assume they're using super low volume tires like the maxxis 2.35's, perhaps with 1 psi.
I have a set of Intense 2.35 DC EX DH tires and they are the same height as my Maxxis 2.5s. Ive measured the BB height with both sets of tires and its the exact same.

CJM

Chimp
Aug 28, 2007
ok so trek lies and it is actually about a 13.35 in bottom bracket I got the 12.34 of of the website:imstupid: but to the bottom of the frame its that height.:poster_oops:
my mate has one and it doesnt feel that low plus with 10" thats sounds like itll ground on bottom out maby thats measured with sag?

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Is that a typo on the trek website. Its hard to believe a 10" DH bike has a lower BB than my hardtail with an 80mm fork. Not to mention the BB with 4" of sag.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I don't see what the big deal is. It is only .375 inches lower then the current M3. As mentioned, my uzzi and socom's BB height has been about 1/2" higher then advertised. I think the HT angle is what may be of concern to some. I am sure most people will be running 40% sag on the m6 which is 3.8". Once you sag the bike out the HT angle will probably be around 63* or less!!!!

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
I have a set of Intense 2.35 DC EX DH tires and they are the same height as my Maxxis 2.5s. Ive measured the BB height with both sets of tires and its the exact same.
hmmm. maybe my 2.35 had highly worn-down knobs. or my bike wasn't perfectly straight when i measured. or i was on crack at the time.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
I don't see what the big deal is. It is only .375 inches lower then the current M3. As mentioned, my uzzi and socom's BB height has been about 1/2" higher then advertised. I think the HT angle is what may be of concern to some. I am sure most people will be running 40% sag on the m6 which is 3.8". Once you sag the bike out the HT angle will probably be around 63* or less!!!!
That should be really stable at high speeds, but in close sections it will be a waist and a pain in the ass. There are a couple of ways to make that change. You could run a 2.5 in the front and 2.7 in the back, to get the back up a little. You could run a 7 inch fork, but that in turn lowers the bb height even more. Or, what I would find best, you could have some new "axel changble thingy" they have in the swingarm to make the back part of the bike a bit higher and with less angle in the fork. Should cost you around 50 dolars to have some steel o cromo ones made. Best solution in my opinion, kill to birds in one shot, slightle higher bb and less angle.

TomBo

Monkey
Jan 13, 2004
Calgary,Alberta
Or, rather then fab'ing up some new parts for your new bike... you could just not buy this one. Therefor allowing you to buy a bike that has the geo you want :banghead:

Vastis

Chimp
Oct 13, 2007
Finland
In the sicklines Interbike 2007 Intense article it says the frame has ~2.6/1 leverage ratio. With 3.5" shock that would mean 9.1" travel. M3 has 9.5" travel so with the new longer shock the M6 would have 9.5"/3.5" ~2.7/1 leverage ratio. The question is has Intense made the M6 with less travel than M3 or has the sicklines miscalculeted the leverage ratio?

Also note that the M6 has 1.5" head tube at 5.25" long. This means one can use reducer cup type headset and make the front end .5" lower. I think it also allows one to use flat crowns with boxxers wich is a very good thing.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
In the sicklines Interbike 2007 Intense article it says the frame has ~2.6/1 leverage ratio. With 3.5" shock that would mean 9.1" travel. M3 has 9.5" travel so with the new longer shock the M6 would have 9.5"/3.5" ~2.7/1 leverage ratio. The question is has Intense made the M6 with less travel than M3 or has the sicklines miscalculeted the leverage ratio?

Also note that the M6 has 1.5" head tube at 5.25" long. This means one can use reducer cup type headset and make the front end .5" lower. I think it also allows one to use flat crowns with boxxers wich is a very good thing.
I was told by Andrew @ the intense booth it was ~2.6 to 1.

also competetive cyclist also says that it does have 9.1" of travel which coincides with the 2.6 lev ratio

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
It´s not affected by tire size...
Relation between front/rear axle and bb is the true definition of BB height, no matter of tiresize, if you´re interested in ride-caracteristics.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Same relationship though. You can have whatever tire you like, but if you put the line between front and rear-axle horizontal, you´ll end up with the same bb-drop.