Quantcast

M9 Maintenance???

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Looking at a 2012 M9 and was wondering if the bike needs any maintenance of any kind after every ride... aside from the normal maint. work!

i ask because I'm coming from a 0 maintenance Morewood and wanted to to get ready for the change if any...

Thanks and i hope you guys have a great holidays!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
theres plenty of tips in the M9 thread.
the only thing youd really need to do is make sure the flip chips stay clean so it doesnt creak. anti-seize works great and last a long time even after multiple washes.
washing the bike a lot can destroy the lower headset bearing since the top of the HT has a slit in it to remove the Angleset that originally came with the bike.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
If the loosening box link bolts aren't a problem anymore, if you set it up right everything should be golden. It's an amazing bike! I was so mind blown at mine I enjoyed the fussing over it!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I own a M9 and its super easy to maintain. After each ride, I usually just use the hose and nozzle it full blast, sometimes real close near the pivots to knock off the excessive grime. After the spray down, I just WD40 it up. Good as new.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
My M9 was quiet. No flip chip creaks, no headset issues, no rattling pivots, was only noisy when the pivots loosened. When I solved that it was always really really quiet. I don't know what you guys are doing wrong to have all these problems. I just installed my angleset on my uzzi, first time, with a hammer and it's perfect.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My M9 was quiet. No flip chip creaks, no headset issues, no rattling pivots, was only noisy when the pivots loosened. When I solved that it was always really really quiet. I don't know what you guys are doing wrong to have all these problems. I just installed my angleset on my uzzi, first time, with a hammer and it's perfect.
yeah, its us thats making the bike noisy :rolleyes:
congrats on having the only M9 that isnt noisy

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
my m9 is quiet too minus the 40

flip chips=no noise too

just loose bolts,gona call steber today for new link.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I thaught it was,til I realised it was mud and dirt compression each other agaisnt the box link ( that tight little spot that loves to pick up rocks and little crap )

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i was planning on getting the V10c.... but isn't no longer on sale and i had to get X-mas gifts for the family.... So m9 it is.... :-)

but i'm strongly considering a Wilson also....

thanks for the replies...and hope you guys have a great new year!

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I agree. My M9 has been flawless for over a year now. I have never had a pivot loosen up and the bike is virtually silent while riding.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I gotta take care of my loose pivot.How meny guys here shimmed it ??? or did you get new hardware/boxlink ????

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
p.s rice,you should have no excuses,I mean you running sram ( wich is the best wen it comes to movement side side play wise ) you have a fork with proper correct spring size to stanchion ratio and you dont have an angleset!!!! I mean like their is no room no excuses,are those stays wrapped ?

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
p-spec. I shimmed method mine and it drastically reduced the backing out. Instead of every 30mins per tightening, was more like every week or so. But not with the M9 anymore so can't comment on very long term.