Quantcast

M9's available in 2 weeks....

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
does this mean my local canadian shop will be able to get my intense racing red m9 ive wanted for a long time ????

or is this just a tease like the go-ride dhr effect.

Were is STICKMAN

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
blue and white I beleive are custom order colors,hense why they are not stocked silly poopoo heads.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
I heard intense is offering custom colors, as usual. They are custom, so you have to talk to them. Hopefully this is a real 2 weeks

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
what about black or raw? i am sure the blue will eventually be out unless you are racing for CRC. Also all of the M9s that I saw at the Windham finals were white.
Dave, Jenson would not be my goto for Intense frames. Then again I wouldn't buy an Intense frame. Since you are a single pivot guy why not an Evil Revolt?
Dan, i'm not ordering mine from there... lol plus i need to sell my Morewood before i can purchase another frame....

Revolt? Ehh...good looking bike... nice bike indeed... but i test rode one (a small & a med) and it just didn't feel right to me (maybe it wasn't set up for me).... I test rode an M6 down Diablo and fell in love.... just felt right....

i might pick up an dm6, but since the 9 is coming out, might as well get the latest and greatest!

But that red is Great looking as is the black!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Quickneonrt, can you take the hate to another thread? we get it, you don't. like anything that's awesome. as for colors, m9s are available in any color we do (i think 15 colors now?) but anything other than the standard colors are an upgrade.
Still on track for October delivery.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Quickneonrt, can you take the hate to another thread? we get it, you don't. like anything that's awesome. as for colors, m9s are available in any color we do (i think 15 colors now?) but anything other than the standard colors are an upgrade.
Still on track for October delivery.
Stick - do you have anything to say about what p-spec claimed in the yeti thread - m9 being a pound lighter than the m6? True or BS? Also is the adjustable geo on the m9 only due to the CC headset?

BTW. I also wont like vpp unless I get a tazer vp or ss2. I will like anything thats mine unless its herpes. ;)

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Word!!!!!!!

What's the leverage ratio of the M9... i ask because i'm considering TI Spring shock options... right now on a Morewood Izimu i have a 350lb spring on my CCDB... i weight 185 and i like my shock nice and plush, but not too plush where the shock will bottom out on big hits...

i'm getting a Medium..... for sure...

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
BTW. I also wont like vpp unless I get a tazer vp or ss2. I will like anything thats mine unless its herpes. ;)
So the herpes from that girl a few weeks back was cool right?

M9 in Black Chrome is looking SICK Stik! I want to see P65 images full sized of that somewhere! 35mm ain't cutting it.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
WhoRyder
I am in the market for a DH rig and since I am heading home to South Africa I am obviously considering Morewood. If you check back in on this thread, care to give a little info on your thoughts regarding the Izimu? You are obvioulsy changing it out, any reasons? The Makulu doesnt sound like its the bike for me and I cant afford it either, the Kalula is also out of my price range. I am no SP hater but I am wondering if I will get on with a SP DH rig it as my first DH ride. The geo is spot on as I am mainly into FR and the geo matches what I like in a bike. Price is reasonable too. I am just a little spoilt by my new Delerium, totaly insane bike.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
WhoRyder
I am in the market for a DH rig and since I am heading home to South Africa I am obviously considering Morewood. If you check back in on this thread, care to give a little info on your thoughts regarding the Izimu? You are obvioulsy changing it out, any reasons? The Makulu doesnt sound like its the bike for me and I cant afford it either, the Kalula is also out of my price range. I am no SP hater but I am wondering if I will get on with a SP DH rig it as my first DH ride. The geo is spot on as I am mainly into FR and the geo matches what I like in a bike. Price is reasonable too. I am just a little spoilt by my new Delerium, totaly insane bike.
nothing is wrong with the Izimu, i've ridden a morewood for the past 3 years, all Izimu's.... Amazing bike.... just time for me to move on... that's all! If you want a morewood, those bikes are amazing, i'm pretty sure you will be VERY happy as is everyone with a morewood....

My friend worked on the M9 (Alan Korth) and i just want to support him and his hard work!

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Appreciate the feedback. Dont want to derail thread completely. Izimu riders gave rave reviews before the Makulu or Kalula was released, after the release alot of them changed. I just like the geo and dont mind SP but for a first DH bike I have concerns. On my Delerium I can blast through the rough and if I am running too fast I can still grab some brake without getting thrown around.
Just concerned I have been spoilt too much.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
:shocked:never said hate I just don't like vpp bikes. I think there are better suspension designs out there. How does that constitue not liking anything awesome?
I don't think you understand. Let me help you out:

This thread is about the intense M9 being almost ready to ship.
People in here are interested in this bike.
They have prudent questions about the M9 frame.

You obviously don't like the M9, because of VPP.
No one here gives a sh*t that you don't like it.
Go post in the DW-link forum about how bad VPP is

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
The frames are shipped with the CC AngleSets correct? Are they pressed in already? Just curious and does Intense suggest facing the frames before BB or headset is installed?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
nothing is wrong with the Izimu, i've ridden a morewood for the past 3 years, all Izimu's.... Amazing bike.... just time for me to move on... that's all! If you want a morewood, those bikes are amazing, i'm pretty sure you will be VERY happy as is everyone with a morewood....

My friend worked on the M9 (Alan Korth) and i just want to support him and his hard work!
Rational reasoning for changing frames are not needed anyway. I like how so many of us makes it sound like a rational and objective decision process was behind it. If I had the time and money I would love to change frames like Dave is doing it. That ano black is one beautiful frame - congrats and I can't wait to see it :thumb:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Ian, we will not press cups in, just supply customer with the AngleSet (all 3 different top cups too!) and we do face headtubes before shipping.

We got our east coast gnar certification back in July with our northeast test riders, they approved..they also gave 2 thumbs up on the BB height saying "anything lower and you'd be screwed".

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ian, we will not press cups in, just supply customer with the AngleSet (all 3 different top cups too!) and we do face headtubes before shipping.

We got our east coast gnar certification back in July with our northeast test mule, he approved..also gave 2 thumbs up the the BB height saying "anything lower and you'd be screwed"
Naah, you just need laser powered bash guards that cut through rocks!

Also - M9 weight - could you give it please? ;)

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY

We got our east coast gnar certification back in July with our northeast test riders, they approved..they also gave 2 thumbs up on the BB height saying "anything lower and you'd be screwed".
what is the bb height?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
what is the bb height?
GEOMETRY

SM MD LG

BB Height: 14.2”/14.5” 14.2”/14.5” 14.2”/14.5”

Top Tube: 22” 23” 24”

Head Angle: 64 (+/- .5, 1, 1.5) 64 (+/- .5, 1, 1.5) 64 (+/- .5, 1, 1.5)

Wheelbase: 45.4”-46.5” 46.5”-47.5” 47.5”-48.5”

Chainstay: 17.25, 17.5, 17.75 17.25, 17.5, 17.75 17.25, 17.5, 17.75

FEATURES

* Adjustable travel between 8.5” and 9.5” (make adjustments on new travel adjustment module located on lower link).
* Adjustable Geometry.
* Adjustable progression/Shock curve.
* Refined geometry from past M series bikes.
* New G3 replaceable/adjustable/fully enclosed dropouts.
* 150mm by 12mm rear axle only.
* Full 1.5” headtube with upper pinch bolt system.
* Adjustable head angle via Cane Creek angleset. Includes the .5-1.5 range with simple pinch bolt head tube.
* 83mm BB shell.
* ISCG 05 integrated into BB shell.
* New flush set grease fittings at main pivots.
* 9.5” by 3” Fox RC4 shock.
* Completely redesigned upper and lower links.
* Redesigned tubing.
* Handmade in southern California.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Norbar,take note that I don't front. Wat I said in the 3o3 thread is wat 1 of the mechs told me I even have a pic of this mech if it will make u sleep better. I'm on lunch and trying to get answers on this availibility ishue.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
Interesting to see a race bike over 14 with a 64 ha. Turner, Pivot and Specialized are all going sub 14 on the BB height.

You do realize that the M9 does have 9.5" of travel right (travel is adjustable down to 8.5"?) With 35-40% sag your BB Height will be significantly lower. Look at the Santa Cruz V10; 14.7" BB with a 67* HT angle and 10" of travel (non-carbon version.) Those syndicate boys don't seem to have any issues with the BB height.

Secondly are really going to name Pivot as a company specializing in DH "race" bikes? Give me a break!!!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You do realize that the M9 does have 9.5" of travel right (travel is adjustable down to 8.5"?) With 35-40% sag your BB Height will be significantly lower. Look at the Santa Cruz V10; 14.7" BB with a 67* HT angle and 10" of travel (non-carbon version.) Those syndicate boys don't seem to have any issues the the BB height.

Secondly are really going to name Pivot as a company specializing in DH "race" bikes? Give me a break, they are new to the game.
Have you ever ridden the v10 or are you just fanboying for Peaty and Minnaar? It feels significantly higher than other bikes Ive tried.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
Have you ever ridden the v10 or are you just fanboying for Peaty and Minnaar? It feels significantly higher than other bikes Ive tried.
Norbar, I have ridden 4 different V10's and personally I don't like them. My M6 feels about 100 times better. I am just being devil's advocate.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Norbar, I have ridden 4 different V10's and personally I don't like them. My M6 feels about 100 times better. I am just being devil's advocate.
So you like it but think the bb is too low? Was it only me or did the 1st m6 come with team dropouts that made the bb even lower (around 13 inches).

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
You do realize that the M9 does have 9.5" of travel right (travel is adjustable down to 8.5"?) With 35-40% sag your BB Height will be significantly lower. Look at the Santa Cruz V10; 14.7" BB with a 67* HT angle and 10" of travel (non-carbon version.) Those syndicate boys don't seem to have any issues with the BB height.

Secondly are really going to name Pivot as a company specializing in DH "race" bikes? Give me a break!!!
Calm down it wasn't meant as a negative statement. No one said Pivot specializes in DH bikes but the Phoenix may have potential. Also just because I have not liked certain VPP bikes in the past doesn't mean the m9 is a bad bike. I would actually like to throw a leg over one for some East Coast Gnar and Rox.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Just a bit curious about the M6... But i'm definitely getting the m9... hopefully i can get it before all the NE mountains close.... to at least get several runs down the hill with it.