Quantcast

Mac monkeys...browser?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
What are y'all using?

I like Safari 3 a lot, but it chokes on https sites. I'm wondering if sticking with Firefox isn't the lesser evil. Any suggestions?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i use safari unless it doesn't work (and it works on https sites generally for me -- that's strange). the odd site or two that it chokes on, like google docs spreadsheet side, goes to firefox. the really odd site that only renders in windows IE gets opened up in that via parallels.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Have to say I am sticking with firefox. I just feel more comfortable with it and like using the same browser between my windows and mac machines.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
FireFox was good for a while but has been going downhill. I'm too lazy to move my bookmarks, and I don't particularly care for Safari, so for now I'll stick with FireFox.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I'm with Toshi - Safari all the way except for the occasional JS rich page that kills it - then it's Firefox.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
i use safari unless it doesn't work (and it works on https sites generally for me -- that's strange). the odd site or two that it chokes on, like google docs spreadsheet side, goes to firefox. the really odd site that only renders in windows IE gets opened up in that via parallels.
Xactly the same here.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Both, but, actually, since last week, I have transfered all my bookmarks from Firefox to Safari. I don't know if it's a bug other MAC users have experienced with FireFox, but I can't seem to be able to save a page, or anything for that matter, with Firefox. The command just doesn't work.

The only thing I miss from Firefox is the search function. (Which is good on the new Safari 3.0, but not as good as the one on Firefox)

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I use a variety of browsers; each is set up with a different proxy or other configuration for different purposes. Try out a few and see which one has the features/design that feel most comfortable for you.

Netscape 9, Camino, Safari, Firefox, Sea Monkey

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
How so? Genuinely interested what you see as declining?
Stability is the biggest thing. I've been getting a lot of FireFox crashes recently, some on my PC, and a lot more on my Mac. It's certainly possible that there's something else going on with my computers though.

The latest build has been better so hopefully the trend will continue.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Stability is the biggest thing. I've been getting a lot of FireFox crashes recently, some on my PC, and a lot more on my Mac. The latest build has been better so hopefully the trend will continue.
Interesting... no problems here with crashes, but I'm a creature of mostly habit when it comes to internet browsing.

You're on 2.0.0.9 now?