Quantcast

Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Skillz!!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
quadricolour said:
I recognize the skill, but am I the only one that thinks trials riding is incredibly dull to watch? :think:

You are probably in the minority there. For something boring... try watching golf or even worse... baseball. :dead:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
He had pretty good style, he seems really relaxed. Ryan Leech has killer style, no hops or b*tch cranks in his manuals. Trials is funs.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
some nutty stuff for sure but I agree, kinda boring to watch. no flow really.

it has nothing on golf though. golf just plain sucks.

I wouldn't call those manuals.....

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
At first I was thinking Trials what the... Fir few things bascis then like a minute in BAM. This guys niose pick to thail stall thingy was his best move. I don't know I think it's photochopped. Because that was unreal.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Really good trials riders never cease to amaze me. I could NEVER do what they are doing in that video, well.....maybe with lots of practice and dedication? :( :drool:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
pnj said:
some nutty stuff for sure but I agree, kinda boring to watch. no flow really.

it has nothing on golf though. golf just plain sucks.

I wouldn't call those manuals.....
Agreed - that was a pretty lame video, regardless of the riding skills involved. See danny (English planetX rider) or echo (Thomas Aasen) videos - much more interesting and no silly mod bikes...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Well....this thread definately proves that everyone has their opionions about what makes a good trails vid. :p

Everytime I see a mod trials bike........some little red flag goes up in the back of my head that says.....something. I dunno what---and I sure as hell couldn't criticize cause I have 1/1000000000000000 of his skills. But either way, you have to really admire that:

1.) He's on TWO wheels. Look.....EVEN if I had the mechanical advantage of the mod bikes, it sure doesn't mean I could rock out like THAT. Not in a million years!!!

2.) He's out there, you're not. Show me your vid and I'll talk about your flexy fork.

3.) I like trials vids. Maybe that makes me one of the outcast-squeak-squeak-hop-hop likers..........and I couldn't even do the smallest of hops to save my left nut......but damn, y'all....look what he's doing.

But....I gotta say. The talk about the back problems and the knee issues. I could see where they might warrant some concern, but you're missing out on observing how SOFT these guys are really landing. Rear-wheel-first landings from tall structures in a trails manner can be just as soft as jumping off of a curb if you do it right. Those of you out there that ride a hardtail can chime in and relate what's up.........there's a difference between "dropping" and "falling" off height, isn't there? :thumb:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Greyhound said:
Those of you out there that ride a hardtail can chime in and relate what's up.........there's a difference between "dropping" and "falling" off height, isn't there? :thumb:
Actually, you hit the ground at the same vertical speed (caused by gravity), the difference is the motion of their body/bike absorbs some of the shock...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I, for one more, think that's pretty damned amazing, and the video is, well, just a decent amateur vid. Can't fault it, except for that HORRIBLE goddamned music. This nu-metal **** is to Ministry what Poison was to Black Sabbath.

God, I hate that music.

MD

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
that is unreal, he jumps about four feet higher than i can without a bike. wtf unreal. they should have shown the whole sequence though it would look more smooth then. but that is uncanny. freak