Quantcast

Make it stop!

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
arrrgh, this damp, wet, gray, dark, rainy, wet weather is killing me. I'm literally thinking fondly of Texas and Arizona right now... that's a bad sign. :dead:

Going insane - thank goodness I snuck out for a quickie last night when there was a break in the weather, but somehow it feels like its been a month since I've ridden. Just one ray of sun and all will be good again.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
What are you talking about? I love the rain, it clears the sinuses. The natural streams flowing down Queen Ann hill are nice too, so peaceful.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I have to get back to work on my ark (short for "seafaring bike park"). I'm glad I decided to go riding a couple times last week when we weren't so sure about the weather. I just built a new rear wheel and it's raining even harder now.
I'm more-or-less hating this weather from the standpoint that I have 10 low-lying, grimy, sludgy miles each way on my commute to/from the U-Dist. I don't mind cleaning my bike, but 3-4 times a week?!?:redX:

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
completley agree, what is with this crap ass weather that we have all of a sudden, for a while it was looking like it was going to be another nice dry winter. Screw it, thank gosh for skatebarn huh?!?

Washington sucks!:nopity:

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
I just talked with my doctor - here's his prescription. Buy a light box and go hit the backcountry on my knee-dragging, rock trolling, telemark boards - then hit Mt. Baker on my snowboard.

Seriously, the darkness throws me into a funk. But it's really only Dec an January, the rest of the year makes this place hard to beat. A couple years ago me and the wifey tried to find another place to live that would be better for us. The verdict? No place beats Seattle for us, you always have some compromise. You got to suffer for 2 months.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
The cure.....

You gotta suck it up and do at least one sloppy mud ride in the pouring rain. Before the ride, just roll in a mud puddle, take some clay mud and stuff it down your butt crack and just ride like you just don't care.

It's very liberating.....

oh yah fenders are for pussies....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
juice said:
arrrgh, this damp, wet, gray, dark, rainy, wet weather is killing me. I'm literally thinking fondly of Texas and Arizona right now... that's a bad sign. :dead:
I'm with you! Give me sun:mumble:

wheelchaser

Chimp
Apr 11, 2005
Renton, Wa
Motoking16 said:
completley agree, what is with this crap ass weather that we have all of a sudden, for a while it was looking like it was going to be another nice dry winter. Screw it, thank gosh for skatebarn huh?!?

Washington sucks!:nopity:
Then move.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
You don't know how good you have it. I'd whack off a limb for some rain pellets!:cool:

I may have an interview in the Renton area soon, only problem is telling the wife she may be moving back to Seattle. I'm not looking forward to that conversation!:help:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Juice, Juice, Juice. it must have been that trip to Hawaii that screwed you up. I know you like the rain.
I have 80 yards of dirt in the driveway, a bucket loader on standby and a back yard that's too wet to drive across to build the DJs.
That's what sucks about the rain.
Snow in the hills is a great by-product of it though and the snow season has been sweet so far.

A dry spell would be nice though....

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I don't mind riding in the rain, hell i don't mind riding in the cold. But it sucks when it is raining and cold. But since i have not ridden in 3 months. A ride in any weather would be enjoyable.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Fuggit!! I'm going to defy Mother Nature and head down to SST shortly. If it's not ridable, I'll toss some dirt...er, mud around. It can't be any worse than some of the days I've spent out there over the last couple years...at least from what I was just looking at on the National Weather Service website. Over the last week or so, the radar loop has totally resembled a kalidescope.

Once again...FUGGIT!!!:monkey:

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Worst kind of riding weather. luckilly some trails up on the North shore are totally rideable in the wet. despite the weather I've still managed to ride every now and then. You really have to seize the moment if you have an afternoon of clear skies, unfortunately work/school usually still interferes.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Liquid10 said:
DBRX6 rider, how was SST, was it muddy/soupy at all? Didn't look like it from the pics
At the flowpark, the only real soupy spots were off the trails. The one spot is the spot before the main kicker on the original line - it's ALWAYS like that. It was still ridable all the same. The singletrack throughout the park was hit or miss. Some sections are sweet but other ones are covered by blowdown, etc.
Tomorrow is supposed to be decent (by recent standards)...too bad I have to work.:monkey: