Quantcast

Making a 02 Monster T up to date

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
hey i gotta 02 monster t and was wonderin if anyone knew of any aftermarket products for a monster to make it better or more up to date with the other forks out there. make it more like an avy or somethin, who knows?

i haven't realy searched around yet but i thought i'd start here

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
I put 03 crowns with integrated stem on mine it is still smooth as buttah. Feals better then almost every other fork iv felt

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
its krazy how its a 02 fork and it still feels better than all other forks i guess.

i guess the only thing that makes other forks better is there lighter, but who cares about that except weight weenies.

is there a way to make the dampening better? i think it feels great but i just want to be up to date with all the other forks. ya know

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
alright cool...i'll just leave it alone...

well how about this..if weight wasn't a problem what would u get to replace a monster? avy or that foes thing made of diamonds.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
888 or if you have a money tree in your back yard, Fox 40RC2
But your best bet is an 888RC its just a solid preformer, but I'd get the lowrider crowns for it.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
what about an Avy MTN 8 or 10??? how would those compare...not saying i got 3000 dollars to spend but anyone ever compare the 2?

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
im not sure you would even notice a diffrence personally. although avy's have external campression/spring rate adjustment. that could make some of a diffrence. whos got 3000 bucks and a monster and wants to compare the 2 for us eh

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
theres always the Stratos ID carts with those inertia valve thingies. I've heard some good things.

also you could try and mod a low oil volume chamber like the 888 uses to get some weight down and move a single spring with air assist, or single Ti spring.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
krazydher1 said:
hey i gotta 02 monster t and was wonderin if anyone knew of any aftermarket products for a monster to make it better or more up to date with the other forks out there. make it more like an avy or somethin, who knows?

i haven't realy searched around yet but i thought i'd start here
you mean like stickers? I think marzocchi has some.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
while were talking about monsters...what type of lube can i put inbetween the dust seal and oil seal...any type of grease or what? i just put some shock oil in there for now but what about lithium grease? like the stuff u put in ball joints and stuff.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
bballe336 said:
if you want a new fork go for a boxxer. light, great adjustability, and solid as a rock.
Yeah, i love how all the different adjustments feel basically the same, it's awesome.

Solid as a rock, but it also does the twist. It is light though, almost half a pound lighter than an 888.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
krazydher1 said:
while were talking about monsters...what type of lube can i put inbetween the dust seal and oil seal...any type of grease or what? i just put some shock oil in there for now but what about lithium grease? like the stuff u put in ball joints and stuff.
dont use grease on the dust seals. just use any type of lube that is synthetic i would just stick with putting fork oil on it. although i put dumonde tech chainlube on mine and it works great also.