Quantcast

Making a Wall Ride

konadhracer

Chimp
Feb 19, 2002
Hello,

I am wanting to build a small wall ride(about the size of a piece of ply wood 4'x8'). I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some plans or tell me how to build it. It has to be moveable, cuz i am just gonna have it on my driveway to session on whenever i can't leave!! Oh and it would be awesome if you could adjust the angle or steepness of the ramp!!!!

M

M.W.

Originally posted by konadhracer
Hello,

I am wanting to build a small wall ride(about the size of a piece of ply wood 4'x8'). I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some plans or tell me how to build it. It has to be moveable, cuz i am just gonna have it on my driveway to session on whenever i can't leave!! Oh and it would be awesome if you could adjust the angle or steepness of the ramp!!!!
You need to give us a bit more info than that...

Do you want a quarter pipe to wall, or a bank to wall?

konadhracer

Chimp
Feb 19, 2002
hello

I guess what i am wanting to build is not a true wall ride. I am more less just wanting a piece of plywood slanted like this \......so i can just ride on it, just to have fun on. So you just hit it with alot of speed and ride the whole thing......hope this helps!

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I have an ideal for something. Built on when I was in high school for the skate board. I'll have to draw a pickture and scan it. explaining it will never work.

D

Dinsy

Originally posted by M.W.

You need to give us a bit more info than that...

Do you want a quarter pipe to wall, or a bank to wall?
O god, even the KING OF THE WALLRIDES can't give you a straight answer. what IS this world coming to!

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
You can find the angle you want to ride at...whether it be \ or |

- 1 piece of 4x8 ply….3/4 inch should do.

- get some 2 x 4’s

- You will need to cut a 2x4 8 ft long for the top horizontal piece brace.

- Then cut 5 of them to size to make flush to the top of the 8 ft long 2 x 4

- Then cut appropriate angles so the 5 2x4’s will screw into the bottom 2 x 12

- For the support, you will need to run some 2 x 4’s from the top and out to the back. I would cut them a bit long and make them pointed so you can drive them into the ground…at least 8”. I would at least use 3, but 5 would be better.

Hope this jumbled plan of crap helps you out, but just picking up a piece of paper and doodling will give you the right idea…just make sure it looks right, because if it looks funny on paper, it will look worse in real life. :confused:

** basically, you are better off finding a drainage ditch in a field with a fence and digging a tranny...easier, cheaper and takes up no room

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Yes.
Go get lost in some city and you will find a ton of great stuff.
Including wall rides EVERYWHERE.

If you aren't allowed out of the neighborhood:
Forget about wall rides.
Learn manuals.

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
Forget about wall rides.
Learn manuals.

--After thinking of what I wrote, do this above....that is what I do 75% of the time when I mess around. It is the best way to learn bike control.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by serbdog
Forget about wall rides.
Learn manuals.

--After thinking of what I wrote, do this above....that is what I do 75% of the time when I mess around. It is the best way to learn bike control.
Yep.

I used to make fun of Doyle, Barret, Muth, and the other 401 locals for doing nothing but manuals when we went out on street rides.

Look at where they are now.

Took me way too long to realize they were doing the right thing.
Now I'll never catch up.:(

May 21, 2002
Renton, WA
Originally posted by racerX
is trying to learn manualing on a full suspension feasable?
Yes, it is more than feasable. I can manual forever on my 50+ pound VPS Shore. I find it almost easier than on my hardtail.

Wallriding is my shortfall....I can only do it when theres some slope to the wall and I can rarely get anymore than 3 feet :-(