Quantcast

Mammoth weekend trip

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Back in Boulder ready ta ride
Anyone going to be in Mammoth the weekend of Aug 26-28? I'm headed up and would like to ride DH Friday & Saturday, Looking for someone to ride with and maybe show me around the trails.

We're headed up for our 12year anniversary so I'll be with the family in the evening.

-H

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I might be going with my friend if I get a bike. We don't know when. That might be a good time. We haven't been there before, so we would need the showing around.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
holy mother O god!

Riff Raff is riding some new dirt! lol

What's up Howard? When are you gonna ride some of this Orange County bliss we have here?

congrats on the 12 years man.

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
spookydave said:
holy mother O god!

Riff Raff is riding some new dirt! lol

What's up Howard? When are you gonna ride some of this Orange County bliss we have here?

congrats on the 12 years man.
Hey Dave-

I'm good... I haven't been on a DH bike after I broke and dislocated my thumb last year in BB. I saw the post about your new DH ride/rides (hardtail).
:thumb:

So I'm think'n your about ready for a long weekend, Pack up the family and come-on up. It's starting to feel like the end of summer and I've not had any time off this year.
:mumble:

-H

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Bro, I'm so busy lately. I just bought a machine shop and am in the process of moving in. Also getting my fitting / hose biz set up in the same space.
So any free time I get is just barely enough to do a half day local ride.

I don't have the hardtail yet. Still working out the shipping on it and the 4 parts bikes that go with it. I can't wait to get my hands on it though. The parts bikes will be used to finish the twin engine top fuel bike my friends dad raced (and set all the records with) in the late '50s.

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
spookydave said:
Bro, I'm so busy lately. I just bought a machine shop and am in the process of moving in. Also getting my fitting / hose biz set up in the same space.
So any free time I get is just barely enough to do a half day local ride.

I don't have the hardtail yet. Still working out the shipping on it and the 4 parts bikes that go with it. I can't wait to get my hands on it though. The parts bikes will be used to finish the twin engine top fuel bike my friends dad raced (and set all the records with) in the late '50s.

All work and no play....

We should do a local 1/2 day before I go. I need some time on a bike! I'm off to BigBear this weekend (no riding) but maybe next. lets plan on it!

-H

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Riff Raff said:
Hey Dave-

I'm good... I haven't been on a DH bike after I broke and dislocated my thumb last year in BB. I saw the post about your new DH ride/rides (hardtail).
:thumb:
-H

What???? Dave is gettin' on a hardtail? No way. :eek: :eek:

mtnbikej

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
spookydave said:
UP, I sure am. :blah:

So where are the pedals? Front end looks a little slack for a climbing bike. Is the front tire like that for more resistance training? :blah: :blah:

Looks pretty cool.

mtnbikej

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
lol, they are called pegs man, not pedals. That was my best friends bike. He died of cancer a few years ago. I'm just going to hang on to it and keep it from getting parted out. I'll clean it up with some re-chrome and some paint but that's about it. And yeah, a new front tire / tube is in order. Other then that it's in pretty good shape for an early 70's chopper with a 1947 engine / trans.