Quantcast

Manimal's a big bad meanie (or not)!

How do you feel?

• I'm a pot smoker, I think manimal did the right thing.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I'm a pot smoker, I think manimal should have dropped it because of the kid(s).

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • I don't smoke pot, I think manimal did the right thing.

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • I don't smoke pot, I think manimal should have dropped it because of the kid(s).

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
sweet! i've inspired a poll ;)

i suppose now is a good time to explain what i've learned about this job and kids. i have to deal with a lot of kids and my current assignment working in the projects means that i deal with a lot kids in broken families. up until about age 10 they are enamored with the local cops, especially when they see us on the bikes and i take every opportunity to give them a good experience w/ law enforcement and show them that we're there to help.
what sucks is when i have to come pick up mamma for a warrant or lay the smack down on baby daddy because he came over and started beating mamma, all in front of the kids. it' such a common occurrence that the tragedy of it becomes commonplace and i have to constantly remind myself that the kids can't pick their parents.
i hate having to get family members or, god forbid, child protective services, to come pick up the kids when mom/dad has to go to jail but it has to be done. in my area there are a lot of moms who have kids so they can stay in public housing and they'll openly admit it....i don't have much sympathy for them and try to take the best care possible of their kids because they can't help that they have air thieves for parents.
i had to take a 5yr old boy to the hospital after he witnessed his mom's boyfriend butcher her (her head was held on by only her neckbone)...the whole way to the ER he kept asking me if his mom was ok. what the heck was i supposed to tell him?
so all this ranting comes down to this. kids are the innocent victims of a lot of stupid parents but if the law enforcement community were to look the other way just to avoid kids seeing negative things happen to their parents we'd have an even larger crime problem on our hands. if at all possible, i won't arrest a parent in front of the child but i can't turn away from blatant crimes just because a child is involved.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
sweet! i've inspired a poll ;)

i suppose now is a good time to explain what i've learned about this job and kids. i have to deal with a lot of kids and my current assignment working in the projects means that i deal with a lot kids in broken families. up until about age 10 they are enamored with the local cops, especially when they see us on the bikes and i take every opportunity to give them a good experience w/ law enforcement and show them that we're there to help.
what sucks is when i have to come pick up mamma for a warrant or lay the smack down on baby daddy because he came over and started beating mamma, all in front of the kids. it' such a common occurrence that the tragedy of it becomes commonplace and i have to constantly remind myself that the kids can't pick their parents.
i hate having to get family members or, god forbid, child protective services, to come pick up the kids when mom/dad has to go to jail but it has to be done. in my area there are a lot of moms who have kids so they can stay in public housing and they'll openly admit it....i don't have much sympathy for them and try to take the best care possible of their kids because they can't help that they have air thieves for parents.
i had to take a 5yr old boy to the hospital after he witnessed his mom's boyfriend butcher her (her head was held on by only her neckbone)...the whole way to the ER he kept asking me if his mom was ok. what the heck was i supposed to tell him?
so all this ranting comes down to this. kids are the innocent victims of a lot of stupid parents but if the law enforcement community were to look the other way just to avoid kids seeing negative things happen to their parents we'd have an even larger crime problem on our hands. if at all possible, i won't arrest a parent in front of the child but i can't turn away from blatant crimes just because a child is involved.
:clapping: Bravo, nicely said :clapping: