Quantcast

Manitou Evolver ISX-4

spalm12

Chimp
Feb 25, 2006
Hello, Just curious to see if anyone here has put anytime in on a Manitou Evolver ISX-4 air rear shock. If so what is the feedback? I will/am coming from an older swinger 4 way air. And the new "No tools bottom out adjuster" would be a nice. But yeah just seeing if anyone has had some experience with it and any problems that jump out or durability issues. This would also be for an aggressive trail bike (Cannondale Prophet) which sees a little bit of everything but mostly good ole' techy new england singletrack. Thank's guys.

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
I have been running the ISX-6 all summer and it's a great shock! It stays really active in the mid-stroke and is plenty plush. The bottom out adjuster is nice and progressive at the very end of the stroke, I haven't fiddled TOO much with it, but you can feel a small difference between settings. High and low speed compression are both what you would expect, it's not a quick process but I can dial up the LSC for climbs and it firms right up.

Quality is top notch. It's hard to believe these are the same guys that make those lame forks.

MM

(edit) I know you asked about the ISX-4, hope this was still helpful.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
intrinsic is still spv. although i wish that manitou would put more effort in making spv work, coz i do think that its a great technology.

spalm12

Chimp
Feb 25, 2006
I've had an ISX4 on my Prophet for the past few months and love it; highly recommended.
Nice!! Yeah like i said i've been running a swinger 4-way for a while with no complaints, thus the interest in the evolver. How do you like your prophet? Can't say enough about mine.