Quantcast

Manitou Minute 2:00 fork

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Has anyone ridden this fork? I know a guy interested in a Blur with this frok, but he's hesitant because he's never ridden it. It has the new SPV in it...

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I disagree. I find it pretty sensitive to small stuff. By small I mean a root of say an inch or so. Really small things are not going to set it in motion unless you set it that way. Low spv pressure and max spv volume will result in a pretty sensitive fork.It is very tuneable and it can be difficult to set up, but if you only play with one adjustment at a time it is easier.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I finally have a few rides on mine now, and I've found the following:

-You won't have an issue with small bump sensitivity - the SPV is a tuning option, not a fixed setting.

-Overall, the fork works great, stiff, plush, soaks up the big hits really well.

-Because there are so many adjustments to make, it is hard to find the ideal setup, and if you don't take the time, you will waste your money.

-No matter how much pressure you run in the SPV, you will not lock out the fork when you are standing and hammering. If you are used to a fork with lockout, and you hate the fork moving when you are hammering, you don't want this fork.

-However, at least on the Blur, if you want the front to feel as solid as the rear (yet plush when you hit a bump) when you are seated, this is a great fork choice.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I think the Minute 1:00 is a coil with the ability to change the travel anywhere between 100 and 130mm with an external dial.

The 2:00 comes as 100mm or 130mm, and uses air as the spring

The 3:00 is also air and the travel can be changed to 130 or 100 but I don't recall how that's done.

The 2:00 is the lightest at about 3.5 pounds if I remember correctly. I figure they all lie about weight to the same extent so its OK to compare claimed weights.