Quantcast

Manitou Revox

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Opinions please? Possible upgrade for myself on the blindside?

Pluses and downsides please.

Thanks in advance
i dont mean to jack your thread, but i was planning on making one like this also, im stuck between the revox and the isx6 but i have never herd anything about the isx6 in a long travel application

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
i dont mean to jack your thread, but i was planning on making one like this also, im stuck between the revox and the isx6 but i have never herd anything about the isx6 in a long travel application
felt pretty good, I didn't realize it at the time, but after running it back to back with a CCDB and an elka, it was definitely stickier. The damping felt pretty nice though.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
It offers a LOT more over a 5th Element than rebound detents. Just keep track of turns from either end. They also offered the Revox in SPV version or "MOAR SHIMZ" version.

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
I have one but not much time on it. The spring rubs on shock and it makes a honking sound. I cant really compare it to anything considering its on my first real DH bike. But i like it, if that means anything.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
It offers a LOT more over a 5th Element than rebound detents. Just keep track of turns from either end. They also offered the Revox in SPV version or "MOAR SHIMZ" version.
Tell me about what adjustments it does have.... Imnot much for alot of complicated adjustments, or I would be going for the CCDB. I like speed sensitive dampening for this reason, also like position sensitive as well.... easy adjustment.

I would like to get the DHX rc4, but pricing on the revox is steering me that way.....

Is the revox detented? Good ramp up through its travel those kind of things..... anything about it that has put anyone off as to how it works.... or fails???

I see its speed sensitive, so thats a plus for me, what about the hi/lo comp.... is it like the Avy Hi/lo were they are not quite truly seperate? Or are they more noticably seperate< I understand that this system is enver truly inpedendant>

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Hi/lo is never 100% independent with a needle/spring valve. Just indepedently adjustable.

No idea if it's got detented rebound, never cared. It has the high/low compression adjust and an air pressure/chamber size adjustment. No really strange shaft diameters or resy pressures though. They feel pretty consistent. A little dead, but smooth.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hi/lo is never 100% independent with a needle/spring valve. Just indepedently adjustable.

No idea if it's got detented rebound, never cared. It has the high/low compression adjust and an air pressure/chamber size adjustment. No really strange shaft diameters or resy pressures though. They feel pretty consistent. A little dead, but smooth.
Hmmm, Its not harsh at all though in its travel? Lots to think about befoer I pull teh trigger and order one. Im going to order something, thought I had it firgured till I came across this particular deal.

As far as the feeling dead..... My biggest concern is feeling connected in the corners. I like the rear wheel to move in rock sections, Wish I had time on otehr shocks with updated goodies. Most my time has been spent on eitehr vanilla rc's or Romics, which I actually like.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Hmmm, Its not harsh at all though in its travel? Lots to think about befoer I pull teh trigger and order one. Im going to order something, thought I had it firgured till I came across this particular deal.

As far as the feeling dead..... My biggest concern is feeling connected in the corners. I like the rear wheel to move in rock sections, Wish I had time on otehr shocks with updated goodies. Most my time has been spent on eitehr vanilla rc's or Romics, which I actually like.
I ran one for a bit, never opened it up. Just played with the external adjustments. It definitely felt better than my roco. Didn't ramp up enough though. Probably needed moar shimz. Would bottom much more easily on drops and big stuff. Rebound was improved over the roco. Much smoother over the rough stuff, sat lower in the travel generally. Better small and med. bump sensitivity. A solid feeling shock. I regret getting rid of it and not playing with it more.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
It's one of those shocks that can be set up a wide variety of ways. I'd say it probably has no less tuning involved than a Double Barrel or an Avy. Well, maybe less than the CCDB, but same as any modern shock with the same amount of adjustments.

"Harsh through the travel" is a pretty vague description. With the adjustment on it, and without it being some total cheap compromise like a DHX, it shouldn't be difficult to get a non-harsh feel out of it. Search on here for tuning specs.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
been running the ISX6 on my F5 since May or so... works great. At first it feels overlydamped in the parking lot, but it feels just right on the trail. You forget that you're riding air... A coil shock will of course be better for the very rough stuff but imo, this is as good as it gets for air...