Quantcast

Manitou Swinger Air SPV 4-Way VS Fox Float Septune

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
Hey Guys,

it's been a long time since I have posted here, but I still read sometimes.

I'm looking for a new all mountain bike and my 2 first choices have different shock. I heard lot of good thing about the SPV and I'm wondering about the "new" FOX one with their pro-pedal, are they good? Is the Fox close to what the 4-way achieve, or maybee, it's even better? And what about servicing the shock, I guess both should be factory serviced.

My choice is almost made for the bike with the Fox, but I just want to know what to expect.

thanks for your help.
Y

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yanick said:
Hey Guys,

it's been a long time since I have posted here, but I still read sometimes.

I'm looking for a new all mountain bike and my 2 first choices have different shock. I heard lot of good thing about the SPV and I'm wondering about the "new" FOX one with their pro-pedal, are they good? Is the Fox close to what the 4-way achieve, or maybee, it's even better? And what about servicing the shock, I guess both should be factory serviced.

My choice is almost made for the bike with the Fox, but I just want to know what to expect.

thanks for your help.
Y
I noticed there is no postings. I think the reason why is only 2005 Specialized Stumpjumpers (a 120 mm XC bike) are using the Septune, not exactly the kind of bike most DH'ers are salivating over.

I also doubt many DH'ers are planning on adjusting a knob for pedalling performance during a big descent.

You should repost this as the Swinger vs. the RP3, which is widely distributed.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
yep specialized has the rights to that for 1 more season I believe and then they either renew or give it up to the world

i posted a review on Swinger vs. the RP3, i had both , spent lots of time of both
essentially the rp3 is the clear winner, the swinger is a great shock but man the rp3 blew it out
search out the reviews you'll find it, i just don't feel like typin all that info again