Quantcast

Manitou Swinger SPV X4 Coil Shock ?

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
Manitou Swinger SPV X4 Coil Shock ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any opinions on the performance of this shock ? I had an SPV 5th Element coil years ago - Swinger X4 SPV same leauge or improved ? Thanks

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Don't go for the X4 and get the X6 or revox both with Intrinsic damping if you whanna get a manitou shock,i have both the revox and swinger X6 but i prefer the X6 over revox.It's feels deeper into it's travel and it's super plush and it's easy to adjust the HSC and LSC.

Last edited:

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
Don't go for the X4 and get the X6 or revox both with Intrinsic damping if you whanna get a manitou shock,i have both the revox and swinger X6 but i prefer the X6.It's feels deeper into it's stroke and it's super plush,outside manitou you should look into other brands like fox,rs,marzocchi etc they make realy great shocks
What's exactly wrong w/ the X4 ? I really need some pedalling help to get to the top of some trails. Thanks.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
The main problem is it uses SPV damping and i head nothing but trouble with the old swingers with SPV damping,they leak etc.SPV is realy junk that's why Intrinsic damping is much and much better improvement over the SPV damping.You can buy a X4 but in the end you will end up with dissapointment

djivotno

Monkey
Oct 3, 2008
I'd swap my DHX5 for a SPV Swinger any day. I don't know about their new shimmed dampers but the SPV was good for me. I can't put my finger on it but it had a super stable feel in the rear... and the bike did corner better - I'm looking forward to one of the 4x myself, but i can't find a good price on them yet :greedy:

I would prefer the 4x over the 6x as the main issue with the 6way Swingers was the O-rings on the L/HSC dials.

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
I have used DHX 5's in the past and the pedalling platform was almost non existant. I need platform to keep my single pivot bike from killing me on climbs.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I've used a 5th with the SPV and with the SPV disabled, and I am currently on a DHX5. I much preferred the 5th with the SPV disabled, but I much prefer the DHX to that. Actually, they feel pretty similar, but the DHX was WAY easier to set up. I have heard all kinds of good things about the x6, but less so about the x4. A lot depends on the frame it is going on. I've got a single pivot as well, but I don't have an issue with bobbing al over the place.