Quantcast

Manzimans word of the day..

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Good word:

Defenestration: The act of throwing someone or something through a window. From the French fenêtre meaning window.

Example of everyday use: "J'ai jeté la bicyclette par la fenêtre" - "I threw the Bicycle through the window".

Mr. Maniman, can you come to the front and underline and conjugate the verb, please?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Or should we make the words link?

So you did Conurbation, I can do 'Megalopolis' for example.

"Megalopolis", is defined as an extensively large metropolitan area, or a long chain of continuous metropolitan areas. Geographers usually define a minimum size as three 'City' sized metropoli.

Also known as a 'megapolis' or 'megacity' if you like 2000AD. Megalopolis sounds cooler though.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
eviscerate:e·vis·cer·ate (ĭ-vĭs'ə-rāt')

v., -at·ed, -at·ing, -ates.

v.tr.
To remove the entrails of; disembowel.

"I want to eviscerate my boss and dance in his entrails"

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Word of the day for me?

Glycosaminoglycans....

As in:

The proteoglycan is composed of a hylauronic acid backbone and many glycosaminoglycans arranged along a central protein in a bottle brush formation, each bearing a negative charge which in turn repels adjacent glycosaminoglycan chains while attracting a polar water molecule.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Colostomy Bag:a container kept constantly in position to receive feces discharged through the opening created by a colostomy

Example: Take off your colostomy bag and drink like a man you sally ass cripple.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
robdamanii said:
Word of the day for me?

Glycosaminoglycans....

As in:

The proteoglycan is composed of a hylauronic acid backbone and many glycosaminoglycans arranged along a central protein in a bottle brush formation, each bearing a negative charge which in turn repels adjacent glycosaminoglycan chains while attracting a polar water molecule.
I just learned about those in my advance biochem class. What do you do for a living?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
narlus said:
au contraire, mon frere. efficiency is my friend.

not using the shift key saves me countless hours each year.
hey mate, i have the patent on lower case lettering and the triple full stop... :)

laziness is next to buddah