Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
March 13, 2005--BLUE KNOB KNOBBY SNOW RACES

-Bicycle Races Only

-Downhill on JackRabbit w/Elinination Rounds@ 11AM

-Dual Slalom on Upper 66 w/gates@ 1PM

-BIG AIR CONTEST@ 2:30 PM

REGISTRATION BEGINS @ 9AM Events and times may vary due to weather and ski area operations

Call 814-458-3403 Ext. 1008 for updates
i have a LOT to do to get my bike running, but if it's operational i'd be interested.

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
are people going to buy/make studded tires for this thing, or are most just going to slide down on normal tires

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
so who all is going this weekend?

It says on Jackrabbit..... does that mean its on the bunny slopes? I know nothing of the actualy skiing at Blue Knob.

I want to go, it depends if my gf is off work, thats a loooooooong drive to make by myself.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
East Coast Blue Square = Gentle Slope :D

I'm 90% sure thats the slope they used for the snow race in 2003. It was pretty fun, i think best time of the day was around 55 secs. Just watch out for wandering skiers, some rider layed out a skier who wandered onto the course in 2003. :dead:

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
DHanamal said:
East Coast Blue Square = Gentle Slope :D

I'm 90% sure thats the slope they used for the snow race in 2003. It was pretty fun, i think best time of the day was around 55 secs. Just watch out for wandering skiers, some rider layed out a skier who wandered onto the course in 2003. :dead:
Green circle=beginner

Blue square= intermediate

Unless you were making a joke towards the E.C.'s trail steepness. :oink:

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
BigMike said:
That sounds awesome!... Hmm... thats my spring break......
Dang, it's my spring break too.

Edit: got so excited I forgot what I was typing. If I did this I'd need the tires I've been putting off getting for a long time. Highrollers? Other?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Looks like I'm not gonna make it :(

I want to, but just cant justify it. I'd have to leave here at like 4am after a long day of working out in the woods building bridges. plus, the money for gas and registration and all that...... I just spent on a new muffler :(

Hope ya'll have fun!

Well, to respond to BigMike's and Capt. Jack....the race was a lot of fun. It snowed the entire time we were there on Sunday. There were prolly about 10 or 15 people in each catergory. Beginner/Sport and Expert/Pro. We had one practice run on the DH course before we did our race run. It was down an intermediate slope and we had about 10 gates we had to clear, like in slalom, serving as "speedchecks." They had a couple inches of fresh snow, so the slopes weren't too packed and you kinda sunk. But if you rode on the fresh stuff, it was def faster than getting caught up in someone else's path. It was fast! After the DH race, we did a "Chinese" start for each class. Basically, everyone lined up, and then down the course you went. What a blast! Lots of wipeouts in that race. So an hour or so later, was the Mountain Cross. The course was packed a little more so it was a bit more fun. 2 heats for each class. The lowest score won... It was a sweet somewhat short course, but some guys were flying, getting some sweet air! Lots of endos too! Everyone who came I know had a great time and for those of you who didn't......there's always next year! Thanks too Racer's Edge for putting on once again another successful event. Good Job guys!!

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Dude, I raced that race too, it was pretty sick, do you know the kit who usually raced with the Canfield, but for the snow race he used the Kona. By the way I was the one who flatted....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
BikeFan84 said:
Dude, I raced that race too, it was pretty sick, do you know the kit who usually raced with the Canfield, but for the snow race he used the Kona. By the way I was the one who flatted....

How did you flat in a few inches of fresh powder?!? :think:

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
I studded my tires, and it gripped so well that it actually pulled the tire off of the rim. Talk about **** luck, I also lost my goggles.