Quantcast

Mark Reynolds' Death. Fundraising at CCCX DH this Saturday!

Hi All,

As most of you have heard, we lost a fellow mountain bike rider, racer, and innovator 2 weekends ago at the sea otter classic. Mark Reynolds crashed on the DH course and ended up passing away.

This saturday, there will be a fund raiser for Mark's family at the CCCX DH race http://www.cccx.org where we will be selling T-shirts, and selling raffle tickets. A bunch of companies have donated stuff to raffle off... and the proceeds will all go to Mark's family. So if you are able, come show support, have fun racing in memory of Mark!

thanks!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I will be there supporting the cause. Great to see the guys who put on the CCCX series supporting people in a time of need. The fund raiser for Todd C. last year was awesome.

Mark was an awesome guy with a great outlook on life. He will be missed.

Hey Josh, It's mainly Team Evomo taking the bull by the horns, and then asking Keith if we can raffle some stuff off! T.J. did all the phone calling and getting sponsors on board! Evomo is kicking down $ and all us riders are pitching in cash to try to pay for the cost of the t-shirts so that the proceeds can be all sent to Mark's family. Hats off to T.J. for really spearheading this effort, and getting it all handled within 1 week!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Ah got it. It is just really cool that people are doing this for the family. Props to everyone involved.

Bret, you coming out this weekend?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hell yeah man, best of luck with everything out there. Take it easy and keep us posted. Hopefully you will be coming back a free man from the grips of the military. =]

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
Everyone, please come out and support this weekends Memorial Race Event for Mark A. Reynolds.

We have lined up some awesome donations from:
Fox Racing
Stans No Tubes
X-Fusion
Pactimo
Cool Cycling Club
Calabazas Cyclery
Trailhead Cyclery
Auburn Bike Works
and more...

buy a raffle ticket, buy a shirt... .all $$$ goes to the Memorial Fun.

Thanks everyone and thanks TJ for spearheading the fund raising.
BT / EVOMO

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I called a couple shops to try and get them in on it (Trailhead already was) and Scotts Valley Cycle Sport said they would be contributing as well.

See you guys out there!

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Hey guys, I'm going to the Spring Thaw DH in Oregon this weekend but would still like to contribute to the fund. I have product that I can donate for the raffle, is there anyone that's local who can pick it up from me? I'm in Santa Clara.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys, I'm going to the Spring Thaw DH in Oregon this weekend but would still like to contribute to the fund. I have product that I can donate for the raffle, is there anyone that's local who can pick it up from me? I'm in Santa Clara.
Hey man, I am in Los Gatos until 4:30 today if you can meet up? Shoot me a PM

I also talked to Lars from Trailhead and he is donating a frame for the raffle.

nice! Hey Josh and beaverbiker, if you guys can hookup, that would be awesome, Beav, if you're already gone to oregon, then I guess we won't be able to hook it up in time... Good luck at Spring thaw... I went up there and raced last year, was fun! Good luck!