Quantcast

Marrington MB park. sunday..

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
yo folks,
its been awhile, but I think a couple of us will be working more so just ridding the MB Park (AKA BMX area) at Marrington this Sunday for a few hours. probably after 12. anyone interested?

got access to the tool box out there too. Jump count to date - 6, should have dirt for about 2 more by next week. Most of the turns are newly shaped, so the berms are running fast!

New loop is open just beside the MB park area, its pretty fun. FYI

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I would help out man but it is mothers day. Maybe next time. Everything looks great btw.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
OH CRAP!!!!!!!! :banghead: I completely forgot! we'll take some pictures and post them for you Streamline. I'm working on a pump track behind my house, it should be done in about a week. maybe two.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
OK, so no new work anywhere in Charleston today, rain rain and more rain. pictures of the work on my soon to be pump&Pedal track at my house, coming tomorrow!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
sure did.. next time you guys make it down to charlesotn, shoot me a PM, i'll give you directions to my trails behind my house.. my pump track might even be finished by then.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
That sounds great BD-DV07, We are going to be out of town until the beginning of next month. Doing the family vacation thing, and hitting up some mtbiking in Wilmington NC.
I will be in touch. I would love to try out a pump track. Never had the chance to before.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
I just got back into town from school, and would love to get out and ride (and help dig) some of the new stuff at Marrington. Let me know next time anybody is heading out there and I'll try to make it.

Kyle
dude.. I'll send you a PM soon with my number. I work on my trails behind my house about 2-3 times a week in the mornings.. I'll try to get alot done mondays since I have them off. As for Marrington, new work really depends on if they bring out some new dirt, so to kill the time, reshaping berms and turns is the name of the game.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
hey Pete, the main large double, the lip needs more dirt. if you head out to marrington do you mind filling it in and if you have an old carpet or something, maybe put it over the ramp and lip, That should keep the Integrity of that jump.. It would be nice if everyone would just rake and reshape just alittle bit each time they session out there. The trails will last longer.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Dave, I havent been able to get out there the last couple of weeks, but I have been saving some carpet for just that purpose! Now that Kyle is back in town we should have another rider/digger for the cause.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
sounds good! actualy, I was thinking to do so next sunday! anyone up for a ride and build day? June the 1st, as long as no rain.. I'll try to get Don to haul out some dirt for us.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
anybody have any interest in doing some work and/or some riding out at marrington this weekend?
dude, hope you got someone to ride with this past weekend, I actualy am heading up to Columbia, so NEXTT! weekend, I'll be out ridding, but if you are off in the monrings during the week, I'm always up for ridding, I could use the help on my pump track if you have free time..

kona-rider

Monkey
Sep 17, 2006
Chapel Hill, NC/Charleston, SC
Yea Pete showed me around on Sunday and we rode a good bit. Definitely stoked to have finally gotten out there...better than I expected for sure! I should be getting my work schedule for June any day know, so I'll PM you and we can try to figure out some times to dig and ride.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
sounds good, keep me posted, glad you liked the trails. I've been busting my A** out there. I've only had help a few times because I'd do most of the work in the mornings during the week.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
sounds good, lets do Saturday morn.. say like 8-9-or 10? you pick the time, I usely get up around 9 anyways.. Marrington is just down the street for me.. I need to get warmed up for Snow shoes next thursday anyways

Last edited:

boomhower

Chimp
Mar 17, 2008
Goose Creek
sunday sounds good to me. 9ish works. i think we need need to make some bigger jumps out there. we'll check it out sunday. pm me your phone number.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
bigger.. ugg.. If you only knew how much dirt I threw around by my lonesome out there.. haha.. I need to call Don (land manager) but I really dont forsee much work (from me that is) till its the fall. but anyways. There are just a few rules out there for trail work, I get a little over protective sometimes out there.. it was like my baby.. before it got hott I would get all upset when I would see the lips on the jumps busted up.. I mean how hard is it just to fix it if you mess it up.. rednecks would come around every once in a while when i was working out there on wal-mart bikes... trash the lips right in front of me.. I chased out this one group when they refused to fix with with my shovel.. haha anyways.. sunday it is

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
oh!! what I ment, is I'll give him a call, if you have seen those little survy flags around the trail. those are their for don to drop dirt in those spots. I have to give him about a 1-2 weeks heads up if you ever want any dirt drops out there.. encase you ever want to do some work..

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Nice Dave. Myself and 5 other guys that we ride with are headed up there at the beginning of August. How were the trails overall? Freeride and DH?
Mredrock I wish I could say we were but I have work Saturday and Sunday I am working on a privacy fence. But I am hoping a couple of us can get out there for a ride at least 1 or 2 times before we head to Snowshoe. The heat kills that amount of riding we do this time of year.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
the trails are great up there.. hope for a dry spell if you want to drive powerline (SS version of A-line) its really muddy infront of each jump, but the berms, well lets just say you can rail those suckers. I've really been working on my spotting ahead through turns, so i was just flying through those things.. umm.. the free ride side of the mountain is great! I personally would ride each trail in the FR park in the morning, everything is walk-a-ble or has a ride around, it took me a little while to get use to gravity again, but was get down the trails pretty well by after lunch. hit that teeter, it just looks big, on the DH side of the mountain, you need to ride, powerline, ball-n-jack, ride the DHpro trail, we missed out, but I've watched the video, it wasn't anything you cant go slow on.. thats about it man! muddy muddy muddy, so be ready for some mud, and cheak your bikes before you hit the trail, after lunch, and at the end of the day, SS really take a toll on a bike.. OH!! ride the DS track, it was sick!! it was all around awesome, i cant wait to move back to VA to be closer to SS...

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
OH!! take lots of extra tubes, I didn't run a flat, but I'm just that good.. HAHA, just kidding, but I saw alot of flats up there.. just ask other ridders up there.. everyone is really chill.. you'll have a great time for sure!!

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Thanks for the report man. Do you think High rollers will be a good all around tire?

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
I think I'm going to go ridding tomorrow, or work on my trails behind the house if anyone wants to come out.. I need some company, Going to start trying a 360.. could always use some motivation !! haha