Martini Time X-post

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
mack said:
Nice taste, Hennesy is da ****.

i also like those glasses. :thumb:

Wait, Aren't you 16? How In the HELL can you afford to drink that stuff? Or why are you drinking that stuff?

Maybe that's why your dad doesn't let you die your hair black............

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I dont buy it, i have no idea what liquor costs.

edit: but i do know that N8 has a expensive bar there...

Sky
Makers Mark
Hennesy
and those cuite paintings really make the room... :o:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I give you:
+1 Bombay Sapphire (would be plus two for tanq)
+2 Makers Mark (wise man)
+1 Hennessey VS
+1 Egri Bikaver -(Good and cheap, something different)
+1 Is that Clos du Bois Merlot?

I give you:
0 For Skyy (vodka snob-buy hangar one!)
0 Martini Rossi Vermouth (Why do you neeeeeeeed it? Dry Martini!)
0x2 Yellow Tail Shiraz (good, for the price)

I give you:
-1 for Gallo Merlot (or whatever it is....ewww)
-1 Vendage Chard....see above

There are two bottles I can't name, I want to say Mouton Cadet, but those come with a yellow top.
Correct any of my mistakes, can you tell I worked in a liqour store?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Sandwich said:
I give you:
+1 Bombay Sapphire (would be plus two for tanq)
+2 Makers Mark (wise man)
+1 Hennessey VS
+1 Egri Bikaver -(Good and cheap, something different)
+1 Is that Clos du Bois Merlot?

I give you:
0 For Skyy (vodka snob-buy hangar one!)
0 Martini Rossi Vermouth (Why do you neeeeeeeed it? Dry Martini!)
0x2 Yellow Tail Shiraz (good, for the price)

I give you:
-1 for Gallo Merlot (or whatever it is....ewww)
-1 Vendage Chard....see above

There are two bottles I can't name, I want to say Mouton Cadet, but those come with a yellow top.
Correct any of my mistakes, can you tell I worked in a liqour store?

Very good!

Vermouth is for guests that want it. In my opinion Tang gin is not yummy in a martini... too juniper berry tasting for me.... although Tanqueray No. 10 is ok.

The two wines you can't identify are New Mexico wines from a friend's vineyard.

The rest are spot on!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
DAMN! That is HARDCORE pimpin! I would love to have that but I don't have room for the stand behind kinda bar, but I have this one (thats not my hizzay there, but the same wall color.):

That's funny how the styled that after 1950's law office book shelving.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Ciroc is made of GRAPES...it is about the smooooooovest vodka I've ever tasted...
What makes vodka vodka? I figured it was something particular they made it from (potato?).......

Didn't figure they could make vodka from grapes. :think:

Grappa, on the other hand......... :dead:

-S.S.-

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
SkaredShtles said:
What makes vodka vodka? I figured it was something particular they made it from (potato?)...
Vodka is a redefined and filtered spirit distilled at 190 proof, then bottled for sale between 80 and 100 proof. Originally produced in Russia from potatoes, vodka today is produced from less expensive grains like corn and wheat. Vodka from potatoes, barley, and other vegetables can be found in our stores in the specialty vodka section. Initial fermentation is similar to that of beer and whiskey, but then the vodka is distilled at a very high proof to keep it free of flavor. It always is double distilled, and some producers refine even further and distill up to five times. The quality of the grain and water used in production has an enormous impact on the finished product. No aging is done.

-- or --

Although vodka began as rye-based liquor, as it became more popular to the masses, the potato became the ingredient of choice. The potato was much more common, and although the vodka did not taste as well, much easier to distill from than other grains. As vodka made the switch from a family made liquor to one that was produced on a grand scale by large distilleries, the potato was discarded and grain was embraced. Today most brands of vodka are distilled from rye, wheat, barley, and most commonly corn. Vodka is distilled at very high proofs and then filtered through vegetable charcoal. The higher the proof, the less the flavor and clearer the color.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dh girlie said:
DAMN! That is HARDCORE pimpin! I would love to have that but I don't have room for the stand behind kinda bar, but I have this one (thats not my hizzay there, but the same wall color.):

Whoa! That's close to my wall color.... my trim color and my wood floor is laid on a 45 degree angle to the walls too.... check it. :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
N8 said:
Whoa! That's close to my wall color.... my trim color and my wood floor is laid on a 45 degree angle to the walls too.... check it. :thumb:

I have the oak base boards, oak flooring and white case and crown moulding, doors and ceiling...it's SWANKY! and THIS...this is above the bar...Oh...I have some SWANKY martini glasses that have a platinum rim...sooo swanky!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
I have the oak base boards, oak flooring and white case and crown moulding, doors and ceiling...it's SWANKY! and THIS...this is above the bar...Oh...I have some SWANKY martini glasses that have a platinum rim...sooo swanky![/IMG]
I always figured you just drank moonshine out of a mason jar next to an old fridge on a rotting front porch.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dh girlie said:
I have the oak base boards, oak flooring and white case and crown moulding, doors and ceiling...it's SWANKY! and THIS...this is above the bar...Oh...I have some SWANKY martini glasses that have a platinum rim...sooo swanky!

You got yer bar at Pottery Barn..no?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I like that crate and barrel jam, but half the fun is showing off your stash....with that it's all hidden. If you want to get creative, buy some glass shelving from home depot and hang them above a dresser or behind a bar you build. It's not that hard, if you have the tools and skills. Hang some lights behind or facing the shelves, and you'll have a nice display. Always keep your wines racked so the corks remain wet.

As far as vodka, I very much enjoy ciroc, it's a bit of a different flavor than most others because of the grapes...try it with a little white grape juice, sugar coat the rim, and garnish with a grape jolly rancher....fantastic! they make them at a local bar (sanctuary). I think Three Olives is overly harsh but has a very clean finish, nothing spectacular (but on sale!), Pearl is very smooth but lacks clarity. Grey goose has too little character IMO. I prefer Ketel One over it...nice and clean with a hint of citrus in the finish. No flaws imo. I have yet to try hangar one clear, but I've tried their Kaffir Lime and it's fantastic.

If you're looking for a fantastic bottle of vodka, pick up Mor Vodka from Estonia. http://www.morvodka.com/ . I think it's the best I've tasted, very smooth, almost vanilla in the nose with a smooth finish and almost no bite. It also has the thickness and smoothness that only comes with Potato vodkas. Sample Belvedere then Chopin and you'll see what I mean...the Chopin just wraps the tongue....but Mor vodka is only like $20 for a 750, if you can find it, and IMO is well worth it....my bottle is almost empty :(

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dh girlie said:
Yo N8...I want to recommend another GREAT vodka called Ciroc. Try it. I guarantee you will love it! :thumb:

Holy Chit!!!!

I bought a bottle of Ciroc yesterday ($31+change, so it's not too spendy)... daaaamn that's some yummy goodness!!! Thanks for the tip!

:thumb:

Sandwich said:
...try it with a little white grape juice, sugar coat the rim, and garnish with a grape jolly rancher....fantastic...
I tried that last nite... they were pretty good... I was wodering if they might be better with a little purple grape juice though. I liked the Jolly Roger garnish after it was soaking in the bottom of the 'tini for a while...

:D