Quantcast

Martini Time X-post

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
try a dish towel if the bags are ripping on you.

i still need to find a meat tenderizer. i've been using my rubber mallet and wax paper. :think:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
try a dish towel if the bags are ripping on you.

i still need to find a meat tenderizer. i've been using my rubber mallet and wax paper. :think:
The bags tear a little because of the funky design of a meat tenderizer, but it's not bad. It's not like the ice goes flying everywhere. They key is to hit the ice gently and not pound the snot out of it. I tried using a towel and the ice pieces would stick to it.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
I've been putting ice cubes in a Ziplock bag and crushing them with a meat tenderizer. :)

Mmm... that would work great!

Do you like your martini's to have a lot of ice crystals in them? I know like mine to have a good layer of ice on the surface when I'm done mixing.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
N8 said:
Mmm... that would work great!

Do you like your martini's to have a lot of ice crystals in them? I know like mine to have a good layer of ice on the surface when I'm done mixing.
Well I like mine as cold as I can get them. I keep the glasses in the freezer for a few hours before using them. I think I shake the drinks so much that any tiny ice crystals turn to water.

Of course, keep in kind I am very much a martini n00bie, so I am still perfecting my technique. :D

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
Well I like mine as cold as I can get them. I keep the glasses in the freezer for a few hours before using them. I think I shake the drinks so much that any tiny ice crystals turn to water.

Of course, keep in kind I am very much a martini n00bie, so I am still perfecting my technique. :D

Nah.. you are doing great!

I've even put my vodka and gin bottles in the freezer a few times too... :)

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
This is how you should serve things that you don't like the taste of...... :think:

Of course, ice cream is an exception. :D

-S.S.-

Obviously you've never had an icy-cold shot of old Soviet Union era Stoli Okhotnichya vodka.

:drool:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK, here is the bar in our basement. The wine 'fridge is the newest addition that the wife bought me for Hannukahmas. :)

I like the setup, besides the fact that we really need to add some inventory. :think:

Attachments

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
OK, here is the bar in our basement. The wine 'fridge is the newest addition that the wife bought me for Hannukahmas. :)

I like the setup, besides the fact that we really need to add some inventory. :think:

Nice!

:thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

looking good!!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:

You need a pair of these sunglasses to wear as you shake up a fresh batch:

:cool:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
N8 said:
:eek:

Uhhh...no... I don't live in San Fran so I have no use for one of those.
HAHAHA! What do you do when you need some fresh squoze fruit juice? It's quite handy when making lemon drops. Actually...I just wanted it cuz its called a fruit reamer.

Glad you liked the Ciroc! Makes soooooper smooooooove martooooonis! The guy at Beverages and More recommended it...I was buying a gift of Belvedere for someone and the guy was like oh try the Ciroc...so I got it for myowndamnself and I was like damn...this is the chit!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey IR, instead of freezing your glasses, add ice to them and fill the glass with water just before you pour your martini. It will get the glass just as cold without freezing the handle. I guess your way is good too, but a little bit of a PITA in prep and handling.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Sandwich said:
hey IR, instead of freezing your glasses, add ice to them and fill the glass with water just before you pour your martini. It will get the glass just as cold without freezing the handle. I guess your way is good too, but a little bit of a PITA in prep and handling.

That's the way I do it.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's Friday so it's time to revive the Martini Thread....

What's the best brand of olives for martinis?

I use some I get from Sam's Club. They are big but not all that yummy.

What are your fav's?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I recommend big olives soaked in vermouth, or for a little kick and my personal favorite, olives stuffed with red peppers. Not everybody carries them, but if you can find them with small red peppers, it adds a small amount of kick when you get to the bottom. Not too much, but enough to differentiate your martini's a little.

the black ones in the middle

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
almost forgot:

If you like X-TREME, then try blair's death martini

http://www.firegirl.com/hs3736.html

These are olives soaked in pure hot, and vodka. They add a lot of kick to the drink, and are almost unedible when you finish the drink cause they're so hot. Blair's is famous for their limited edition pure-capsacin concoctions, which is what makes "hot" hot.

I prefer the pieri peppers over the blair's, but both "take it up a notch"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
it's weird...I love the fondue place, I love pizza, cheese cracker (zakk likes those, too) and macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese, even a cheeseburger...but I won't eat a piece of hard cheese. I'll only eat cheese if it's melted...and only certain types...bleu is not one of em...blech!
You don't like stinky cheese........ I :heart: stinky cheese. Parmesano, Grana Padano, Gorgonzola, Pecorino....... :drool:

-S.S.-