Quantcast

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
I'd go all black with green stanctions. As long as, of course it's some badass coating that's slippery and durable and not just green. I've drooled over the green stanctions of Pro Circuit MX bikes for years.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
To anyone who wants me to upgrade their Boxxers or 40s buy me a four pack of Monster or Rockstar and I can piss all over your fork. For an additional fee I can also write your name on them

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Zocchi orange will always be special, anyone who grew up lusting after Z1 BAM forks surely feels the same.

Can't share the same appreciation for the purple and green though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You guys sound like a bunch of grade 10 girls.

EEEEEEW ITS PURPLE EEEEEEW!!!!!!

Its all in fun. Don't worry, theres still black and white so you can pretend you are storm trooper hardcore DH mofos or Knight Rider or whatever the hell you pretend when you're hacking your way down the hill. :D
you say that now, until the press release refers to them as "colorways" :busted:

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
If i recall my conversation with Ronnie ar Zoke correctly,

It's Ti Nitride, but the fork has to be nickel plated first for the TiNi coating to stick, and the coating is available in different colors!

I betcha they wanted to do just gold, cuz it's so classy but since Kashima is goldish, perhaps they wanted to pick some different colors!

I believe the TiNi is as hard and durable and the nickel but holds a little oil within the material so it is more slippery.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
choices are good but all these blunt mismatches are terrible...colormatched stanchions/lowers are sorta sweet...

its just a gimick at this point, there are going to be so seriously ugly bikes rolling around next year.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
60 posts in and not one person has commented or even speculated on how they might actually ride. I love you, internet.

X777

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
I don't want to disappoint you guys too much, but colored stanchions aren't going to make it to production as they are super expensive...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
SR8 with the Hamma huh?
Hudson's SR6 with the Hamma is such a fun little bike. i wish it was a bigger frame so i could ride it more.

BROOKLYN1

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007
SR8 with the Hamma huh?
Hudson's SR6 with the Hamma is such a fun little bike. i wish it was a bigger frame so i could ride it more.
its a prototype SR8 made from all True Temper Super Therm

SR8s come in three sizes S M & L..... maybe we will make a longer 6 this winter.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
its a prototype SR8 made from all True Temper Super Therm

SR8s come in three sizes S M & L..... maybe we will make a longer 6 this winter.
wasnt E suppose to be getting one of those too? how much weight did you save over the original steel SR8?

ive always found the larges too small for my liking. even the older Brooklyns

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
bust me out some orange/yellow/green/blue plaid graphics on the lowers and a rainbow swirl on the stanchions dawg! T
I think that's a little to much epic for the world to handle! You might even short out the timing chips if you find yourself in a DH race!