Quantcast

Marzocchi 66 may not be as tall as originally thought...

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
....check out this pic of the fork on an '05 Kona coiler. From the kona.dk website.

Almost the entire line-up is posted on mtbr.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by HTFR
dude, its just a proto, chill out!;)
I bet the color stays, Kona is good about sticking to proto color's all of last years bike colors were already decided by this time. Fork looks cool!

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by punkassean
I bet the color stays, Kona is good about sticking to proto color's all of last years bike colors were already decided by this time. Fork looks cool!
thats because Kona releases protos into the market as half-year models...:rolleyes:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
well, if it isn't overly tall, what the hell are we going to complain about?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Jm_
What kind of question is THAT??

Flex, of course. Failing that, I heard it spikes real bad, whatever that means.

MD

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Originally posted by zedro
its because of the ugly stickers.

and i hear you need a masters degree in order to change the springs without breaking it...
No you just can't be a manitou or RS owner... put those dummies near a marz fork and you are going to have problems!:devil:

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by Jm_
By the time it's available for purchase, annodized gold will be sooooo yesterday. That's something.

Maybe go-ride can make some knurled, turquiose anno replacements. :)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by binary visions
The poorly controlled, too-active damping?? ;) :D :devil:
lucky for you, there's a knob which controls that(as opposed to a boxxer which has knobs, but they don't control the too-activeness) :D

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by Jm_
lucky for you, there's a knob which controls that...
yes, but i'm too busy to deal with adjustments, so i'll just complain how it bottoms out too easily and inquire about what fork i should replace it with. Chances are i'll try and adjust that new fork (because it too bottoms out too easily), bungle the wrench and break a very expensive part, complain about how the manufacturer is screwing me in replacement costs and how its all their fault anyways, then threaten to kill half the internet and proceed to get banned for life from a popular mtb site....

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by mplutodh1
what? looks fine to me
As in, if it has the fender mounts, it'll sit about an inch taller than it "should" as a fork for that travel. No real big deal, as long as frame designers take it into account when speccing angles, and say "this is for a 66, which is a tall fork for its travel", instead of the usual vague "for a x.x inch travel fork".

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by Rik
As in, if it has the fender mounts, it'll sit about an inch taller than it "should" as a fork for that travel.
not if they changed the fender design. Aftermarket fenders dont require the extra space, so nothing says Marz cant tweek the design...

...dont some of their current SC forks have intergrated fenders without the extra height?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
yes, but i'm too busy to deal with adjustments, so i'll just complain how it bottoms out too easily and inquire about what fork i should replace it with. Chances are i'll try and adjust that new fork (because it too bottoms out too easily), bungle the wrench and break a very expensive part, complain about how the manufacturer is screwing me in replacement costs and how its all their fault anyways, then threaten to kill half the internet and proceed to get banned for life from a popular mtb site....
i was looking at that thread a few weeks ago when trolling mtbr, funny $hit. I was trolling mtbr today too, oh man has that place gone to hell, stupid topics, stupid responces

Did you really ban him for life zedro, youre such a good mod :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yes..we should start a shop, buy "defective" marzocchi forks for pennies on the dollar....

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Did you really ban him for life zedro, youre such a good mod :D
actually his roomates have banned him from mtbr. I guess they have a static IP (probably a dorm) and the admin blocked it. The roomates begged us to re-open it to get access and promised not to let him screw things up again. They werent too impressed with his antics, and apparently he was still pretty steamed over the whole debacle. The guy has mental problems for sure, he had two other handles banned before that for pretty much the same spazmotic behavior (i'll kill you!...i'll kill you all!!!!)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
actually his roomates have banned him from mtbr. I guess they have a static IP (probably a dorm) and the admin blocked it. The roomates begged us to re-open it to get access and promised not to let him screw things up again. They werent too impressed with his antics, and apparently he was still pretty steamed over the whole debacle. The guy has mental problems for sure, he had two other handles banned before that for pretty much the same spazmotic behavior (i'll kill you!...i'll kill you all!!!!)
The funniest thing to me was that for some reason he thought I lived in washington, so he told me that he'd find me and kill me in washington.

I told him that yes I did, and that I rode a trans-blue bullit! :D

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by Jm_
The funniest thing to me was that for some reason he thought I lived in washington, so he told me that he'd find me and kill me in washington.

I told him that yes I did, and that I rode a trans-blue bullit! :D
so if a guy in Washington who rides a trans-blue bullit gets murdered, does that make you accountable for reckless endangerment?

what was this thread about again?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
it appears Jm_ works for marzocchi according to some guy :rolleyes:

and he has also whored his signature out to cambria bike too

also since when has MTBR sold out, and got all of those stupid sponsored links

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
also since when has MTBR sold out, and got all of those stupid sponsored links
ya!!! them, and Metallica!!!

its just for online stores, not really a conflict of interest. Hey they have bills to pay!!!!

Besides, most people spell so poorly, it doesnt matter half the time...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Dooooood! That exact same thing totally like happened to me. I hate Manizocck Shox they totally screwed me over...I was just ridin' along...and snap!!! I hadn't even jumped off of any roofs to flat yet that day. So weak man.:cool:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
What a piece of work. I was throughly entertained for the better part of an hour reading that nonsense. He went too far with the death threats and junk about gay bashing. I notice he didn't post a picutre of his scrawny self, sheesh if he really needs a tazer or a switchblade he's not half the man I am (that's right all 150 lbs.)

The worst part is that he genuinely feels as if he got the raw end of the deal, which in reality he probablly did. If he had presented himself in a more intelligent way and used spell check he may have gotten a bit more sympathy. I applaud Marzocchi for their business ethics, as I don't get a discount in any way, I am the one who ends up paying for other people's mistakes, plus the 20% markup my dealer gets.