Quantcast

marzocchi 66 RCV problem?

nenad

Chimp
Jun 20, 2010
Hi everyone
I am new here at ridemonkey but Im riding for quite a few years now.
I need your opinion or experience regarding the fallowing...

I have a 66 RCV 2010 fork that came with my new giant faith 1 bike.
I have the bike for 3 weeks now, and had a few runs on local trails to run in the parts and tune up the 66 and roco shock.
Yesterday after a day of riding I have noticed that the fork developed a small "play" or clearance between the stanchions and slide bushings in the lower legs.
This play can be noticed when the fork is fully extended and the front wheel is locked,
by pushing the front back and forth, knocking can be felt if you put your hand on the lower legs.

I had a similar problem on my old 2005 Z1FR3 130mm fork also, I noticed noticed that play maybe few months after I bought it.
Then I serviced the fork and change the bushings (they were not worn out).
Since then the fork had no play and was extended to 150mm and it is still in use.

My question are:
Has anybody have similar problems with marzocchi?
What do you suggest since it is a new fork?
Is this is a normal thing for marzocchi forks to have this small play in full extended position? if this is the case i would not do anything and leave it as it is.
The warranty is 1 year for the parts, but sending the fork out for service is a pain in the a.. and had bad experience with MZ. months of waithing...

Any suggestions and experience on this....

ThanX:thumb:

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Get it warrantied for sure.

See if the shop can't get you a replacement fork while you wait or maybe use your Z150 for the time being?

nenad

Chimp
Jun 20, 2010
Hi
Only to post the reply from marzocchi regarding this matter.
I recived an answer from Italy in 2 days from sending the question on this matter, so there costumer service is finaly online...:)

our 2010 forks has a special sizing bushing to optimize "play" feeling. It's important to ride with the new fork to reach a normal condition operation mode.
If you feel a frustrating big play when you ride, your fork could have a problem, but if you only feel a small play this is normal because it helps the fork movement.
Anyway your product is covered by 2 years warranty and you can ask for a check directly to us in Italy.
If you think that your product is not good, you can go to our website to:
http://www.marzocchi.com/rma
and ask for a check. Let me only say that:
1) if the fork has a defect all costs are paid by us (shipping from and to included)
2) if the fork play is in the production range, you have to pay shipping cost.
I'm at your disposal for any further needs. With Regards,