Quantcast

marzocchi 888 RV

liefryan

Chimp
Jul 6, 2007
i just got a new big hit 3 and the 888's seem really soft??

does anyone know if you can adjust the air pressure on the 888 RV's ? i don't want to undo the nut on the top of the forks just in case something leaks out!..

cheers..

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
The Marzocchi 888 RV OEM fork has only an external rebound adjuster, and no external preload adjustment. If the fork sags to much with you just sitting on the bike, then you'll need to purchase heavier springs. If it feels good just riding around, but bottoms hard or seems to dive too quickly through it's travel, you'll need to adjust the oil level and/or weight. Assuming you've had no prior experience doing this work on your fork, you should allow an authorized Marzocchi Service Center to adjust your fork for you.

liefryan

Chimp
Jul 6, 2007
The Marzocchi 888 RV OEM fork has only an external rebound adjuster, and no external preload adjustment. If the fork sags to much with you just sitting on the bike, then you'll need to purchase heavier springs. If it feels good just riding around, but bottoms hard or seems to dive too quickly through it's travel, you'll need to adjust the oil level and/or weight. Assuming you've had no prior experience doing this work on your fork, you should allow an authorized Marzocchi Service Center to adjust your fork for you.
thanks for the info, thats what i kind of worked out in the end, i had drop off's on my other bike with air pre-load so i thought the 888's would have the same, i'll just have to see if they bottom out over the big jumps?..

cheers.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Well keep in mind on big drops and big jumps your fork should bottom. If it's setup so it NEVER bottoms, then you're not using all of your travel (most likely 60-80%). It'd be like putting a 5" or 6" fork on a bike after dropping the money on a 888.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
just let it break in. ride it alot for like a week and see how it feels then. my 888vf look a few rides before it ever felt good. Its fine now but don't go changing stuff until you let it do its thing for a week or so.