Quantcast

marzocchi shoes ???

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Polandspring88 said:
I heard the tread consists of huge M's all over the place, just like the tires. Those things will be f'in sweet.
Because its a proven fact of physics that "M's" provide the best possible traction of any shape:rolleyes:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
BurlyShirley said:
Because its a proven fact of physics that "M's" provide the best possible traction of any shape:rolleyes:
I actually read a study done by Marzocchi that showed their M shape pattern actually provides more grip than the existing tread patterns. By creating a network of interspersely mixed Ms they are able to create the greatest contact path with the desired surface, and with the sharp junctions of the rubber in the M shape they can do things ordinary treads wont.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Polandspring88 said:
I actually read a study done by Marzocchi that showed their M shape pattern actually provides more grip than the existing tread patterns. By creating a network of interspersely mixed Ms they are able to create the greatest contact path with the desired surface, and with the sharp junctions of the rubber in the M shape they can do things ordinary treads wont.
I hope to god you're joking.

Having M's all over the place is about as stupid as WTB's little footprints tread pattern......retarded.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I talked to Brian Peterson from Marzocchi about hooking me up with a pair. He says they won't be available till around Interbike. They only had a few early pairs to show off at Sea Otter. The shoes have the same soles as the 5.10's.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i just checked the marzo site for "soft goods." i could not find shoes, but i did find a $14 bit-o plastic

18 cents for the plastic and forming,
3 cents for the sticker,
over $13 dollars of profit $$$

ps - $10 of "shipping taxes" for a grand total of $24. BA-LING!!!CHA-CHING!!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
The M tread pattern works super good in the air, and that's the only thing that matters, 'cuz if you're not in the air, you're a pussy.

:)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
sayndesyn said:
Fashion Whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

damn skippy i am :thumb:
i will be on a pink bike with a white fork and i want white shoes to go with it. i will have black cranks too. that means i am coverd with the cool colors. black is cool. pink became the new black. then white became the new pink, again replacing black. my pink/black/white ride will be the coolest ever!!! those shoes will totaly match my rig :love:

oh yeah, i am might have to get green plates on my 5050xx pedals to set myself apart.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
it is a graduated cylinder. that means it got out of high school and did not just get a GED ;)

i think the idea is that you can use it to meaure the oil you use to fill your fork. i bet the manuals use metric units and the cylinder only has imperial measurement markings.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yeah...I tried my best to convince Eric to run some white or gray on the first run but he wanted to play it safe and just go straight black and see how they sold first before they worried about color combos. Plus, now all they gotta do is make them and let Marzocchi market them.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
mandown said:
i just checked the marzo site for "soft goods." i could not find shoes, but i did find a $14 bit-o plastic

3 cents for the sticker,

you could always turn that into a bong.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Yeah, I saw them in decline too...I personally think they look better than the 5 10 offering. I hope they make a set like the white pair but in a darker color...so the dirt doesn't show. Sweet..

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
mandown said:

3 cents for the sticker,

I WANT THAT!!!!!!

ride26

Monkey
Nov 24, 2005
Henniker NH
just if anyone cares, i call Marz. today and asked about the shoes, i was told they'll be out forsale in Nov. for around $90-$95 USD