Quantcast

massanutten pictures

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Seriously, what were they running for tires, tubes and air pressure? No one from our team (7 people at the race) had a flat on their DH bikes. Bill flatted once on his hardtail while trying to run basically an XC tire and tube. However, that is an extreme case. Those guys were riding down the lift continually. I think I saw Tony riding down 3 times in one day.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
Seriously, what were they running for tires, tubes and air pressure? No one from our team (7 people at the race) had a flat on their DH bikes. Bill flatted once on his hardtail while trying to run basically an XC tire and tube. However, that is an extreme case. Those guys were riding down the lift continually. I think I saw Tony riding down 3 times in one day.
Yeah. I had never seen any of them go through that top rock garden once, just them ride down the super tech chairlift

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The really sad part is I made it down with a front flat in 5 minutes flat by just riding the fire road down. I even beat a couple sport guys who rode by as I was getting my bike rolling up top...hah!!
Suckas riding the lift down...15 minutes of numb butt....

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
The really sad part is I made it down with a front flat in 5 minutes flat by just riding the fire road down. I even beat a couple sport guys who rode by as I was getting my bike rolling up top...hah!!
Suckas riding the lift down...15 minutes of numb butt....
Did the same. Rode down the fire road once and then tried the lift. The view was nice but damn did it take a long time.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
I was running michelin comp 16's and 24's with 45 psi and flatted 3 times in one day. Maybe you guys were taking girl lines.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I was running michelin comp 16's and 24's with 45 psi and flatted 3 times in one day. Maybe you guys were taking girl lines.
it's just because you're so fat TP ;)

i tried gapping a small section after the big rocks at the top and porked my front tire on the sharpest rock i could see. that was my only flat and i had it at about 28psi on high rollers w/ regular tube, i bumped the pressure up to 30-ish and made it down the rest of the time w/ no problems. i didn't get any flats last year and only one this year....must be because i'm soooo smooth ;)
my formula is this: observe which fast,smooth riders are making it down w/out any flats, ask what pressure they run then add 10 psi to compensate for my...uh...density and lack of butter-ness ;)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
it's just because you're so fat TP ;)

i tried gapping a small section after the big rocks at the top and porked my front tire on the sharpest rock i could see. that was my only flat and i had it at about 28psi on high rollers w/ regular tube, i bumped the pressure up to 30-ish and made it down the rest of the time w/ no problems. i didn't get any flats last year and only one this year....must be because i'm soooo smooth ;)
my formula is this: observe which fast,smooth riders are making it down w/out any flats, ask what pressure they run then add 10 psi to compensate for my...uh...density and lack of butter-ness ;)
WOW! And they let you carry a gun huh?

:rofl:

:D

:p