Quantcast

Massanutten YEE-HA! 2009

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
VADHPROMO is a friendly ape

Massanutten YEE-HA! 2009
Call 540-289-4914 ask for Bob & mention Downhill Race.

We have blocked rooms for the riders. First come First Serve.
Camping Free on the Slopes.
Thanks in advance for racing at Massanutten

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

FULMER HELMENTS
KENDA
FULL THROTTLE
GRAVITY EAST #1
MAD MARCH RACING CAMP
NEMA
MARIN
DEFEET
EARLY'S CYCLE CENTER
MASSANUTTEN SKI OFFICE
SKI PATROL

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I'd love to make the trip down to this race since I made it there some yeas ago while working it Delaware, but since then, I can't justify skipping out on Friday for a non extended weekend Saturday race.

Is there any chance that maybe in the future the race will be held on a Sunday?

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
We have chosen to offer FREE practice on Fridays because the lift is
running for Scenic Chairlift Rides.

We offer practice NOON-6 on Friday and Sat. Morning until 10:30AM

A Sunday Event would cost all of us involved an arm and a leg.
Entry Fees would double most likely. Employees and lift operators
& volunteers miss out on a personal weekend.

Thanks for asking but please join us for the Kickoff of the
Gravity East #1

This has worked out great for us. Sorry its a pain for some.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Totally worth it for me, and I'm flying down from Maine. Thanks to the cheap hotel rooms, great airfares, and cheap rental cars, I'll be doing the whole weekend for less than $400.

Can't wait!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Totally worth it for me, and I'm flying down from Maine. Thanks to the cheap hotel rooms, great airfares, and cheap rental cars, I'll be doing the whole weekend for less than $400.

Can't wait!
Beer time!!!! Think we can find a Bar to match the last one we were drinking at??? You bringing the Bikini Team?

Cecil

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I would love to go but someone decided to be a retard and make the race friday and saturday and I have AP testing on that friday. I'm not bitter at all. It's just pretty damn stupid to do that considering it's the only east coast jr qualifiers race. Really stupid planning in my opinion.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
dang, I am just glad that amateur races are on the weekends now. Back in the day, norba nationals had amateur races on week days.

Also, mother's day is that Sunday.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Booze on race weekends???? Now I've seen everything.
All you guys don't know what it was like back in the day...
Downhill on Saturdays means party all night AFTER - the race!
Know your history! XC is for Sundays! Nationals reversed it to
cut down on the Dh crowd painting the town! Muddy bikes, beer
and nudity all in one motel room! How do you think Palmer got famous?

Not advocating this behavior for sure!
Just telling you young guys how things were meant to be before the fun was spoiled by racing Sundays.

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
For all of you kids out there, the adults who actually have jobs to go to on Monday usually enjoy the Saturday race day so that we can drive home, relax on our Sundays and then go back to work on Monday.

I had a blast at massanutten last year and the Friday/Saturday race weekend was a welcome sight.

Massanutten can have it at 3am tues/wed and I would still show up for that race. The hospitality that they show, their professionalism, the way that they appreciate each and every person that shows up regardless if they are racing or not makes me wish that I didn't live 11hrs away.

I am excited to race Massanutten.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
For all of you kids out there, the adults who actually have jobs to go to on Monday usually enjoy the Saturday race day so that we can drive home, relax on our Sundays and then go back to work on Monday.

I had a blast at massanutten last year and the Friday/Saturday race weekend was a welcome sight.

Massanutten can have it at 3am tues/wed and I would still show up for that race. The hospitality that they show, their professionalism, the way that they appreciate each and every person that shows up regardless if they are racing or not makes me wish that I didn't live 11hrs away.

I am excited to race Massanutten.
while I won't be racing this year at Mass., I totally agree with RUFUS - good time and good people. We locked ourselves out of our trailer and the promoter was there in a heartbeat with the biggest set of bolt cutters I have ever seen! Had a blast on the course, despite a hurricane hitting the mtn. on Thursday. Was pretty east to ride in the wet, surprisingly.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
+1

The best-run event I've been to in years. They take a lot of pride in making everything about the trip enjoyable - from a fun course, to great prices on hotel rooms, to super simple registration, to good deals on food at the finish line, . . . you name it, they've thought of it. All these are reasons I'm making the long trip down there again this year.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
while I won't be racing this year at Mass., I totally agree with RUFUS - good time and good people. We locked ourselves out of our trailer and the promoter was there in a heartbeat with the biggest set of bolt cutters I have ever seen! Had a blast on the course, despite a hurricane hitting the mtn. on Thursday. Was pretty east to ride in the wet, surprisingly.
3 tornadoes Jim, get it right. We were putting our tent up through that. Needless to say we practiced and raced the whole weekend in wet gear but it was still a blast.

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
gnar is good
THANKS for all the kind words
The lodging did not work out during the World Cup.
50 Hotel rooms blocked for DHill Racers
Mention the race when you call.

The course prep is Chop!
He has set it for the last 5 years

In my opionin:
Its not Muddy just slickrock rest of the
trail is beach sand and drains pretty
well

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Hehe. Last year's conditions gave me some serious trouble, went down two or three times in my race run, but a lot of it was just season opener kinks. Too much air in the tires, too much comp on the shock, and too much fat on my legs.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Can we please get the radar gun back out there this year. That was awesome.

New rig this year. I wanna see how fast I can push it.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
3 tornadoes Jim, get it right. We were putting our tent up through that. Needless to say we practiced and raced the whole weekend in wet gear but it was still a blast.
Tornado, hurricane, whatever! All I knew was that I was in a nice hotel room and you were in a tent! :lighten:

S

seespotendo

so i suppose i need a license. i've checked and im lost. how exactly can i purchase a one day license on their online application?

thanks!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Just go to the Massanutten race website and click on the link to register. Then you're only option to race with no annual USAC license is "Pro - Open". If you buy a USAC license, you can race the other categories (Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3, etc...)

S

seespotendo

so i can't purchase a 1 day license to race beginner like last year? or ill race sport, but i dont know yet.

S

seespotendo

ok cool thanks.
now i am lost as to where i can purchase a one day license online.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
It gave me an option to buy a one day license at checkout when i registered (later on in the reg process)

I did wanna note it was before paying, so basically it added the one day license fee to the total.

Last edited: