Quantcast

Massanutten YEE-HA! 2010

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
I have a feeling this is going to hinder a lot college age people from coming due to finals. But, not me, luckly I'm done the preceding week.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Will this be race number one of the 2010 Gravity East Series?

I Look forward to it, we had so much fun down there last year.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I think this year I'm just gonna go get drunk and sell tubes in the parking lot...I can't make it down the track without flatting anyway.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
you can't be serious. it's 5 months away, dude.
Oh I can guarantee there will be rain. It's rained at it every year save a drought year once when the turns were powder. Even that year the spring at the S turns was still trickling.

EDIT: While it's rained every year there, it's usually before or after the event. Only once did it ever rain DURING the race and it even held out until after all practice before it dumped wrath on me and my buddy in the start gate. I couldn't see the course it came down so hard.

Last year was ridiculous though. It had rained for 2 weeks straight and the spring in the ground feeding into the whole set was running faster than a busted fire hydrant. It literally was bottom bracket deep clear water the length and width of the trail. It was the only year I've NOT had fun doing that section.

I begged George to look at it but he was helpless in a cast and couldn't do a thing about it. His boss was up there digging these silly trenches that did nothing to change it. My race run included a dead stop in a bottomless hole of water.

But it was a freaking blast...the same as every other year.:thumb::thumb:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Oh I can guarantee there will be rain. It's rained at it every year save a drought year once when the turns were powder. Even that year the spring at the S turns was still trickling.

EDIT: While it's rained every year there, it's usually before or after the event. Only once did it ever rain DURING the race and it even held out until after all practice before it dumped wrath on me and my buddy in the start gate. I couldn't see the course it came down so hard.

Last year was ridiculous though. It had rained for 2 weeks straight and the spring in the ground feeding into the whole set was running faster than a busted fire hydrant. It literally was bottom bracket deep clear water the length and width of the trail. It was the only year I've NOT had fun doing that section.

I begged George to look at it but he was helpless in a cast and couldn't do a thing about it. His boss was up there digging these silly trenches that did nothing to change it. My race run included a dead stop in a bottomless hole of water.

But it was a freaking blast...the same as every other year.:thumb::thumb:

blah blah blah.... what did you say? lay the freakin 4 stroke power down thru the water and get evil with it!